Bad Captain

Requested by: islamoon05

"He is not competent enough to be a captain"

"Shubman is running a could be legendary team to the ground"

"GT really can't do anything without Hardik it seems like...I can't blame the whole team when they are being led by a bad Captain "

"Watching Gill's performance I understand why he is not in the WC...he is destroying GT"

The brightness of his screen blinded Shubman the words from the comments being drilled into his mind painfully

Bad Captain..Destroying GT..

His breathing quickening with each word, his pace slowing down as he scrolled. The earlier excitement of finally meeting his best friend again long forgotten.

"SHUB !!"

An excited shout from behind him in the long hotel corridor scared him out of his wits having him almost drop the phone. He quickly exited the app clearing any evidence of what he was doing, if Ishan ever managed to get a hint of what he was looking at his phone would not live to see another day and if he could somehow get his hands on them, the people commenting those things would see a similar fate.

Ishan had a habit of babying Shubman  though who was more childish among them could be easily debatable but saying Shubman didn't do the same thing would also be untrue.

"We finally won a match" Ishan walked up to Shubman holding a smile not the fullest one but a smile nonetheless "I mean I know I didn't score well and I know we are most definitely out of the playoffs but Surya bhai was amazing and harry bhaiya looked a little less like he was on the verge of a breakdown..I hate seeing him so down..I hate seeing the team so tense and not being able to do anything about it"

"Yeah.." Shubman wheezed out. Removing the app from his history and hiding his phone had been easy but blinking out the tears and getting his breathing under control were posing to be more difficult than he had thought.

"Why are you all out of breath ?" Ishan chuckled trying to make a joke out of it but the worried twitch of eyebrows and concern filling his eyes betrayed his true emotions.

"I am fine.." Shubman said it more to convince himself than Ishan.

Ishan didn't reply just stood there watching as Shubman got more and more wound up with time instead of calming down like he had hoped.

"Okay..I got you" Ishan finally said with conviction grabbing Shubman's right elbow he pushed him hurriedly through the corridor into his room.

As the door closed Shubman legs finally gave up. He sat on the ground back resting on a wall. Ishan crouched in front of him noticing as his breathing kept picking up pace.

"Shub you have got to breath" Ishan tried, a little panic ebbing into his own voice. Thoughts were running wild into his head now as he tried to think of something to help his friend.

What if he can't ever breath again..what if he dies..how will I live..will I be convicted for his murder..who will be my roommate..who will I ever share clothes with..

"I can't Ishan" tears flew freely from Shubman's eyes now

"Just stop thinking about whatever you are thinking..think about good things..you are in the world cup squad..how fun is that..you are the captain of an amazing team..you have been doing so great.."

"What ??" Shubman looked up at Ishan incredulously like he had said the most jarring thing in the world.

Shubman looked down again Ishan's words having done nothing to help him.