Chapter 56

update !

---------

|Taehyung|

"Tae.."- She called; I could see the reflection of her anticipation in the mirror, her eyes sparkling with pure joy. "Yes, baby," I replied, savoring the warmth of the moment. The red hue that tinted her cheeks and it was enough to make my day.

"I am thinking to meet my father; it's been so many days since I have met him."- A concern of being exposed lingered in my mind; I turned away from the mirror, facing her directly. "But baby, you were telling me yesterday that you were not feeling well and now you want to go outside."- I expressed my concern, hoping she would reconsider.

I couldn't shake off the worry that lingered in the back of my mind, one wrong step of mine and everything will be finished.

She shook her head, "Yes, it was yesterday now I'm perfectly fine. Actually I ate too much sugar maybe that's why my stomach was upset."- She reassured me with a gentle smile.

Unable to deny her request, I relented "Okay, after work I'll take you at your father's home."

Her insistence on going alone reverberated in the air, and with each word, the weight of my unspoken concerns grew. I could sense the stubborn determination in her voice.

Closing my eyes in frustration, I took a deep breath, attempting to compose my thoughts. The fear of my own secrets being exposed to her, secrets that I had carefully guarded, added a layer of complexity to the situation.

"I understand you want to go by yourself, but baby, there are things... things you don't know," I began cautiously, choosing my words carefully.

She looked at me with a quizzical expression, her curiosity evident. "What do you mean, Tae? What things?" she inquired, her innocence highlighting the potential vulnerability in her lack of knowledge.

I hesitated, grappling with the decision to reveal my concerns or to find another way to dissuade her without divulging too much. "It's just... there might be some risks, you know? I'd feel much better if I accompanied you," I expressed, trying to appeal to her sense of safety without fully disclosing the nature of my unease.