Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Wake up, Del. We have a busy day ahead of us." Someone shakes my shoulder after whispering near my ear.

I roll over to see who's waking me up and see that it's Archer. I sit up and nod.

"I'll wait outside the room for you. You have about twenty minutes until we have to meet my father. We don't get breakfast while we're training, apparently. I'll make sure to take you with me to get food directly after." Archer whispers the last sentence with a smile before leaving the room.

I stand up, stretch, and then go through Jessica's bags that she allowed me to go through whenever I need anything. I hear her steady breathing and hope that I don't wake her up.

Last night, when Archer and I returned, she was first very worried about the bruise on Archer's face, and then got very angry when she heard the news about our "special mission." She was so angry that she decided not to speak to me any longer after Archer left and went to sleep right away. I definitely don't want to show off that I'm leaving for training because it really isn't fair to her. She's wanted to go on a special mission for so long, as I can guess, and I'm stealing her chance.

Normally, she would've already gotten up and went to her own training, but because she was moved up, her training began later in the day, allowing her to sleep in later.

I grab a pair of black leggings that I'll be comfortable in and a maroon top, then make my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Once I step out of the shower, I quickly change into the Jess' clothes and then brush my hair out. It takes me a little bit to get the snarls out of my hair, due to the wind yesterday no doubt. I quickly brush my teeth and make sure to put a pony tail on my wrist in case I need to put my hair up later.

I open the door to the bathroom just as Archer is walking in. He looks at me and smiles. "Ready?" He whispers and I nod. I stoop down to grab the black combat boots and slip them on, tying them carefully. I can feel Archer's eyes on me the entire time that I'm getting my shoes on and I force myself to keep from looking at him. That would just end making me feel awkward.

I stand and walk to the door that Archer's holding open for me.

"Have fun you two." Jessica mumbles sleepily. "Even if I'm not there to make it better."

"We'll try." Archer says quietly before following me out of the room. We silently walk down the hall and to the staircase that leads to the lowest floor so that we can get to the training center.

~*~

"Let's start with the equipment you two will be using to contact us." Brennan says.

He walks with Archer and I to a short table with different types of devices lined up.

The first device he holds up is a small case that holds something even smaller inside. He opens the case to reveal two round, transparent things.

"Ever heard of contact lenses, Delia?" Brennan asks, a bushy eyebrow raised.

I shake my head, keeping quiet.

"Of course not," he begins rudely. "Contact lenses used to be to help people see instead of using glasses. They were very hard to notice unless looking directly into someone's eyes. These contacts you will be wearing also have a microscopic camera that will pick up everything you see. Nobody will be able to tell you're wearing them, and this will help Archer to see everything that you are seeing when you make it to the palace. We're positive that you'll be going there with Prince Brandon since you have prior relations with him."