Chapter 9

Aria

Falling in love with Sam may not be a big deal for others, but they had no idea that he was the first guy in my life who ever gave me a rose. We were just kids back then, I was 9 and he was 11. He loved gardening, so he planted a rose plant and some other plants in his garden. When the first flower bloomed, he called me to see it. I was annoying at that time, asking a thousand questions, but he patiently answered all of them without getting annoyed.
He showed me the rose, and then I asked him what he was going to do with it. He simply plucked it from the tree and handed it to me. That was the moment, I guess, when I fell in love with him. When I told my granny about it, she got furious and told me to never take a flower from a boy again. I even asked her why not, and she said it was bad and that I shouldn't do it again.
The world was against us from the very beginning, but I couldn't believe how my feelings for him never faded. They just grew and grew each time I came under his influence.
I am living in the past memories since he is not here. I want to see nothing but him, but he is not here. Seeing him was so easy when I was at home. I just had to wait until 5, until he came from his clinic. Yes, my man is an orthopedist. He fixes people's bones.
It's really hard for me to stay here when he is there, away from me.
Last night, he massaged me and we were in the middle of talking when I got completely distracted because of Yuki's little friend.
Since this morning, I have been trying to reach him, but I guess he's busy. Now I have to wait until 8 again. Well, Korea is 3 hours ahead of India. The conversation was pretty cool last night.
He asked me about my trip and also about my ongoing novel. I have never been this happy since I arrived here. My heart was beating like crazy as I was talking with him. It definitely felt like a dream talking with him. But even if it was a dream, I still want to live in that dream and wish it would never end.
Reading our old conversations is like a disease to me.
Since I bought this phone 3 years ago, I have never deleted a single text from him. I read them over and over, especially the special things he said to encourage me and compliment me most of the time. I wonder what could be more precious and pure than that.
Reading and blushing while reading the conversation from 7 months ago where he said that I looked prettier since I put on some weight. Meanwhile, my own family was making jokes about how I looked like a potato.
He even warned me that if I go on a diet and give myself a hard time, he'll be so disappointed in me.

Sam: What are you doing in my chat?

A message appeared in the chat. I placed the phone on the bed. I sat up straight, waiting for the right moment since he caught me red-handed. My heart is always dancing, as if there's a party inside my chest.

"Fine, fine," I mumbled to myself. I picked up the phone and faced the screen.

Me: Hey!
Just a simple hey.

Me: Well, I was about to message you.

Sam: Okay, about what?

Me: Just to ask how you're doing.

Sam: Fine, I guess.

Me: Cool!

Sam:  Aria.
Here we go, him saying my name is the craziest thing he does, since it only gives me a simple heart throb.

Me: Yeah?

Sam: I'll text you later, I have an urgent call. Bye and take care of yourself.