Chapter 15 - Sorry, We're Not Meant To Be

"Jongin?" Sht. Haebin mentally cursed as she regretted it right away after she mentioned his name.

She looked at Jongin's surprised expression whose eyes trailed on her hand that was intertwined with Sehun's.

"Haebin? Oh my gosh, it's you." It was Seulgi who spoke while Jongin stood frozen where he was. His face was blank, but who knew what was going on in his mind.

"Hi, Seulgi." Haebin greeted the girl with a smile. She loosened her grip on Sehun's hand.

"Nini, come here. Why are you standing there?" Jongin who seemed to snap out of his reverie, looked over Seulgi for a moment before he approached the table Haebin and Sehun were sitting at.

Haebin cleared her throat with a sip of water before looking up at Jongin. Their eyes met and she noticed how the boy's mouth was moving as if he wanted to say something, but nothing came out.

"How are you, Haebin? It's been a long time since we talked." Seulgi casually took a seat next to Haebin while Jongin awkwardly sat beside Sehun.

"I'm doing fine, Seulgi. Oh yes, meet my boyfriend, Oh Sehun." Haebin without hesitation introduced Sehun with a smile. Seulgi didn't hide her surprised expression, as did Jongin who had his mouth open.

"Really? Congratulations!" Seulgi congratulated the couple.

"Hi, Seulgi. I'm Sehun." Sehun smiled as he introduced himself.

Meanwhile, Haebin's eyes landed on Jongin who seemed lost in his seat.

"Jongin, you good?" She asked right away. Jongin was silent for a while and before Haebin could do anything, the boy got up and pulled her hand, making her crash into Seulgi to stand up.

Sehun shot up from his seat in a panic because of the sudden scene.

"You, don't interfere. This is between Haebin and me." Jongin boldly said as he pointed a finger at Sehun.

"What—"

"Sehun." Haebin cut her boyfriend off although she knew that Sehun was strongly objecting to what Jongin was doing at the moment.

"It's okay. Just give us 10 minutes." The girl said and Jongin continued to pull her to the back of the restaurant, where customers couldn't see them.

"Now, what?" Haebin asked, her tone sounded boring.

"Jongin, I'm asking you." She raised her head and looked into his black eyes when she received no reply from the other.

"Just now, you were just kidding, right?" The girl frowned at the question.

"What are you talking about, Jong?"

"Sehun, he's not your boyfriend, right?" Jongin asked again, this time his question was clear, but Haebin didn't fail to notice the exasperation in his voice.

The girl however couldn't help but roll her eyes at the boy.

"He is my boyfriend. What? Do you think I would lie about this kind of thing? I'm not like you, Jongin." Haebin knew she was being harsh, but Jongin deserved it. After all, he was the one who left her alone.

"H-haebin, I-"

"What do you want seriously? Do you want to apologise and get back to me?" Haebin asked, not letting Jongin continue his word.

To her surprise, Jongin nodded in answer.

What the?

"Kim Jongin, are you in your right mind? You're someone's boyfriend. I'm someone's girlfriend. What is it that don't you understand?" The girl's voice raised without her realising.

"Haebin, there's nothing between me and Seulgi. We've broken up. So please, Haebin. I know you still love me." Jongin started to beg, his eyes were teary.

"Jongin, if that's what you think, then you're wrong. I love Sehun. You're nothing but my past. So, please. Move on, Jongin." This time Haebin looked at him straight in the eyes, hoping he would understand what she meant.

Standing in front of him made her think that an ending for a story was very important. Without it, there would be only a cliffhanger. Just like their situation now.

Haebin and Jongin should have resolved whatever was going on between them, but it took a long time because of their reckless decisions to stay away from each other.

"I will still love you, Haebin." Jongin finally found his words and at that moment, tears started to fall from his eyes.

"I won't forget you either. It's just, Jongin." Haebin grabbed his hand before saying.

"Don't blame yourself. Just think of what happened as one of the things that fate has in store for us. Maybe this is the best for all of us. For you, Seulgi, me, and Sehun." Jongin's sobs grew louder as she spoke.

Haebin pulled him into a hug, patting his back in the hope that it would comfort him.

Silently, the girl felt relief washed over her as they finally managed to close the chapter of their romance. Maybe it wasn't a happy ending, but it was the best ending for them.

Jongin continued to cry on her shoulder before he slowly calmed down.

Haebin wiped his tears and smiled.

"Thank you, Jongin-ah."

****

The night sky was clear, accompanied by the light of the moon and shining stars. She breathed in the cool night air on the balcony, looking at the peaceful view of Seoul as night fell.

Haebin was taken by surprise when suddenly a pair of hands wrapped around her waist from behind. At the same time, the pleasant smell of mint pierced through her nose.

She smiled brightly as her hand reached for his muscular hand that gripped her waist. She then gently caressed his soft hands.

She let out a giggle, feeling ticklish as he moved to kiss her neck. She heard him laughing with her.

"You smell so good." His low voice whispered near her ear.

He turned her around and now they were facing each other. Their round orbs connected before their foreheads clashed.

Soft giggles filled his eardrums as he began to close the gap between them. For a moment, it felt like the world was theirs, and no one was there to interrupt.

Soon after, they went to sleep, embracing each other in happiness.

****

ONE MORE CHAPTER GUYS.