Dum Dum: 3

District: Wellsprings, Heywood

She is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, so much so she frozen me in place

She is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, so much so she frozen me in place. Her wild foxlike hair was framing her face in a mound of wisps and curls. Her lips were painted red like roses, full and pouty. She had a button nose and dark freckles sprayed across her brown skin. Her eyes were dark now, but I had an inkling they lit up like honey-colored pools when the sun hits them.

Don't get me started on her body! I didn't want to stare too long or seem as if I was gawking at her. I know I had the dumbest expression on my face. I gulp loudly. The amount of cleavage she had coming out of her tank top was enough to cause a serious nosebleed.

Quickly I look away, out towards the mouth of the alley and to my surprise I see a couple of figures with guns crossing the street. I zoom in using my cyberware and grit my teeth. Scavengers, a whole fucking flock of them! They must have caught wind of the accident and hear all the gunfire, hoping to scrape up leftovers off the dead bodies. Cyberware and organs, they take both.

My fists tighten. If they find this girl here injured amongst the dead, they will definitely snatch her up and do far worse things than just kill her. I am no saint, by all means, but even I rightfully despise the idea of rape and forcing oneself onto another. Those fucking Scav Rats will torture her, abuse her and sell the footage on Shards and illegal XBDs, pushing that shit all over the streets. Fuck, and she's beautiful too? They wouldn't stop making movies of her until her body dies out, and even then....

"Hey...." I manage to hold my hand out. She's shaking so hard you would have thought it was freezing out. "I'll get cha out of here, but you gotta trust me."

"FFFFFuck you." She bites out, eyes hard like stone. She was like a small animal. A lone fox, injured and backed into a corner, barring her teeth. She was scared shitless and still found the courage to snap back.

I like that. I like it a lot, I grin. I shouldn't be surprised at her feistiness; she did off two out of the five dickbags freshly out of a car crash.

Squatting down to her level, I hold my hand out once more. "I know I'm a scary piece of shit to look at. I get it. But I need to get you outta here and patch you up. If I leave you those vultures across the street will snatch you, and you gotta know there ain't no coming back from that."

She turns away from me to eye the Scavs headed this way. Panic forms in her eyes, and I don't blame her. She's surrounded. By the Scavs, by the 6th Street bodies and by me. Poor woman, I feel like shit just thinking about it. If I hadn't been a nosy ass gonk.... I shudder. I gotta get her out of here.

"We gotta go," I urge her. "Now!"

"You b-better not try anything, or else." She threatens then finally grabs my hand. Her palm is so soft, it's hard to believe she's ever held a weapon before. Unlike mine, rough and callused from all the guns and knives I'm used to handling.