Foxie: 9

District: The Glen, Heywood

What an idiot, and I'm just as much as an idiot for going there in the first place!

I'd just returned from Northside with goosebumps still crawling up my arms. That was not how I pictured the meet up would go. I thought Maelstrom would've held me at gun point, maybe even tied me up and shove Glitter down my throat until I coped out, begging like some punk bitch. Never in a million years did I think he would ask me to be his Sub.

Worst part is part of me, in the moment, almost considered it.

Dum Dum was so alluring. His appearance may be harsh, but his words and touch were on the gentler side. He was mysterious, so much so I could never tell what he was looking at. He had so many implants I'd lost count too many times in my head trying to keep track. Despite of being a metal head, he was kind of... cute, in his own Borgy way.

Ughh!

I wanna slap myself for even thinking of him in that way! He was aggravating and stubborn, and he had the absolute nerve to call me....

Nope! I'm not going say it. That shit was far too embarrassing.

I'd told him I would consider his offer, (which I probably shouldn't have), and gave him my number so he wouldn't worry, (also shouldn't have).

Foxie! What the hell is wrong with you, Chica???

I flop down onto my bed and scream in my pillow. For someone I can't stand, he sure does occupy a fuck ton of space inside my mind. I even had a dream about the guy for crying out loud! But now when I think about it Dum Dum can't shoulder all the blame, as much as I would like, and that's because the rebel inside me is constantly egging him on. I zipped down my top in front of him... For what? To show him a scar that was barely even noticeable!

No, in the back of my mind where chaos thrives, I wanted to see his reaction. I wanted to see him frazzled. Caught off guard. I wanted to see if he was the 'good guy' I made him up to be inside my mind. Strangely enough, I was right. Sort of. 

He didn't do anything worthy of holding a gun to his head. He didn't touch me or force himself on me or anything of the sort. Does that make him a great guy? No, but it does mean he isn't a shitty one either. He has willpower, I'll give him that. Most guys in Night City would have jumped at the chance to cop a feel, but he didn't.

I can't help but wonder deep down, did I want him to touch me? If he would have, would I've have stopped him? Most men think they want me until they realize how much of a handful I truly am. Yet he sounded as if he understood the assignment completely, like he's anticipating how hard-headed and difficult I'm planning to be. 

Tsk! Fuck it.

I shoot him a text over the Holo, just so he's aware I arrived back in The Glen safety.

Foxie: Made it back in one piece.

....

He responses almost immediately.

....

Dum Dum: Thanks for the heads up, sweetheart.

Sweetheart?!

My thumps type back my reply as fast as they can while I glare at the screen maliciously. He's insane if he thinks he can top me that easily! Like I'm some basic slut or Joy Toy he can just coo at whenever he pleases.

Foxie: Fuck you I ain't your sweetheart.

....

Dum Dum: Alright then, doll face.