Foxie: 4

[Gustavo Orta: Current Leader of the Valentinos]

District: Wellsprings, Heywood

Dum Dum, was it? 

Odd name considering he seems to be anything but dumb. He did a doubletake while showing my back to him, exposing my tattoo. At least, I hope he was staring at the tatt and not gawking because I decided not to wear a bra. It was just my back, it's not like I flashed my tits. Whether he saw side boob or not is up for debate. Perhaps now he'll take me seriously, even though the knives I had pointed in his face should have been enough. 

I don't want to go to a Ripper, especially not this one. Not to Doc Snyder. He's the only Ripper in Heywood worth a damn and he reports straight to Gustavo Orta. I don't want his grubby little hands anywhere near me. Last time I was sent to the Ripper, Doc Snyder insisted on checking every inch of me for save measure. He was a pervert, and his excuse was he had to fine tune and monitor the Knife Box.

Pftt! Yeah right, he just wanted the Orta's permission to have his nasty hands all over me. 

"I won't go in there," I hiss at him, my voice standing firm on each syllable. "I can't."

Dum Dum switches off the engine, and I can audibly hear him take in a deep breath. His hands are still locked on the wheel in a tight grip, giving it an unease squeeze. Even those glowing red eyes of his seem fasten on something in the distance. Maybe that's the way he looks when he goes into deep thought. There's no way to tell with those orbs of his.

"What did he do?" He at last makes himself heard. His voice is raspy, yet firm like he was talking through clenched teeth.

I blink, dumbfounded. That was unexpected. "Excuse me?"

"The Ripper," He explains. "Did he touch you?"

I turn away, unable to meet his eyes. There's not a soul on earth I'd admit that to. If Javier knew he'd probably zero Doc Snyder and Heywood would be out of a Ripperdoc. Then the locals will be forced to pay unreasonable prices and travel miles just to get fixed up. All of it would be my fault. Heywood has already lost so much: our land, our businesses, our homes. 

"Don't." I hold my hand up. "You don't know me, and I don't owe you shit. You have no right to judge me. You're not from here. You have no idea what it's like."

"Hmmm..." He growls, roughly running his fingers through his patch of dark, wiry hair.

Was he.... Angry? Annoyed? Fed up with all my shit?

Suddenly, there's a click from the doors unlocking and he calmly opens up his side and reaches in the side pocket under the window to snag the semi-automatic propped in its holder. It was a lethal ass Power Weapon, focusing on heavy hits with its large explosive rounds. He was the epitome of the calm before the storm. 

"Woah! What the fuck are you---"

"Whaaat?" He chuckles dryly, shouldering the rifle. He had the most at ease look on his face despite arming himself with a dangerous weapon. He even gives me a smile. "I'll be right back. Wait here, and I'll drive you to a Ripper I know in Watson."

"Wait!" I shout, completely perplexed.  Is he... fucking stupid? Or just mentally insane. Or both.

Clap! His door snaps shut. 

Cursing, I unbuckle my seat belt and yank the door open, feeling numbness tingle all the way down my sides. I had forgotten he numbed me up, so much that my left side was almost completely immobile. He turns at the sound of the door opening and he sees me struggling to get out and almost falling, which sends him back in a sprint to help me up.