Chapter 6

I wake up to my alarm. Six o'clock in the morning. I usually leave for school at seven-thirty. I get up and get a long, hot shower. I get out, wash my face, and just put on highlighter and mascara with a bit of lipgloss after brushing my teeth. I put on a blue and white sweater with ripped light-blue jeans and my blue and white Jordan-1s with Nike socks. I then pack my softball bag with my practice uniform and pack my volleyball bag. I walk downstairs, throw my bags in the back of my truck, and start it to warm it up. 

It's only seven o'clock now. I go back upstairs to grab my actual bookbag and my phone and go into the bathroom to put on deodorant and perfume. I braid my hair and pull out little strands of hair on each side of my face. I then call Haylee and apoligize for not answering her texts last night. 

"It's okay, Mickey. I'll see you at school?" She asks in her normal, sweet voice.

"Of course, Hay. See you there. Bye." 

I hang up and walk downstairs, Joey following close behind. My dad is in the kitchen drinking coffee, about to leave for work. He looks pissed. Joey stands beside me as Dad approaches me. 

"So Daniel? That little fucker picking on you?" He asks, obviously drunk.

"Yes. It wasn't that bad, Dad." I say, Joey, rolling his eyes at that understatement. 

"Oh yes, it was. Making assumptions about me. How immature of that boy. Joey, put him in his place since Mikayla won't. If you don't, I will." He shoves past us both and leaves, slamming the door. I wince. 

He just cares about the bad reputation he has now. Not about what I was called.

Joey looks at me and smirks. "Just you wait," he says, "Oh, just you wait..."

"Just stop, Joey," I say, shoving past him.

I get in my truck, put on my music, and crack the windows. I'm scared to see what Joey is going to do. He's always been overprotective. Always. However, everything is happening so fast now, so much drama flying at us like crazy. Family problems are one thing, but that's supposed to stay behind closed doors. Now that it's not, there is no telling what's about to happen.