XI. Erik Is Dead

Raoul rushed into the hospital with Meg and Christine. (Y/n) was put on a hospital bed and put to surgery to take out the bullet that was shot into the back of her waist. After the surgery, a doctor came to the three.

"Will she be alright?" Christine asked.

"The bullet was safetly removed from body but she appears to be unconscious. But do not worry, she is breathing and she is functioning just fine. Her body needs the rest though."

The three nodded and thanked the doctor.

"(Y/n) is a strong lady, Vicomte le Chagny. She will push through this and wake up soon" Meg tried to cheer him up.

"Oh by God, I hope so.." Raoul sighed.

"She dropped this when she fell unconscious." Meg showed them the Phantom's mask.

"There were blood from (Y/n)'s wound on it. I tried to wipe and wash it off. I'll give it to you. But I beg of you to not throw it away. If he really does means so much to her, I doubt she would want a piece of his memory to be thrown away." Meg said.

She handed the mask to Raoul. He sighed and nodded. He took the mask while deep down he wanted to chuck it out of the hospital window.

- ♥︎ -

It had been three weeks since (Y/n) was taken into the hospital. Christine was sleeping at her bedside. Raoul was sleeping at a chair that was against the wall.

Her eyes fluttered opened but winced at the bright light of the sun peeking through the window. She sat up but winced once more when she felt a pain rush through her from her waist.

Christine woke up from the feeling of the blanket moving. Her eyes opened and she was surprised to see (Y/n) sat up and finally awake.

"(Y/n)?" Christine spoke softly. (Y/n) looked at her and Christine's smile widened.

"(Y/n)! You're awake!!" Christine immediately stood up and engulfed (Y/n) with am embrace.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Wound. Still. Hurts." (Y/n) said in pain.

"Oh! Sorry, sorry." Christine let go of the injured lady.

Raoul awoken from the two's voices. "(Y/n)....(Y/n)!" Raoul's eyes opened at the sight of his sister awake. He rushed to her bedside and hugged her.

"I'm glad you are awake. Do you need anything? Water? Food? I'll call the nurse that you're awake." Raoul left before (Y/n) could say a word.

"He's been worried sick about you. Just tonight was he able to sleep." Christine said.(Y/n) smiled.

"Thank you. Goodness, I would've been a goner." (Y/n) laughed.

"Of course, my friend." Christine smiled back.

Meg walked into the room and was surprised to see (Y/n) awake. She, as well as the other two, rushed to her bedside and hugged her.

"You're okay! This is wonderful news!" Meg said.

"Where's Raoul?" Meg asked.

"Getting a nurse. She just woke up." Christine explained.

The nurse came in. She checked her temperature and made sure she was alright. After that, (Y/n) was free to leave after one
more night at the hospital to rest up.

"Thank you." (Y/n) thanked and the nurse left.

"I got you some soup for you. You'll need to eat if you want to get better." Raoul placed the soup on the table next to her bed.

"Thank you, Raoul" She said.

Raoul pulled out something from a bag he had with him.

"Meg also wanted me to give you this." Raoul said and handed her a white mask.

It was Erik's.

(Y/n) felt tears form in her eyes as she took the mask.

"How long have I been out? Please, tell me he is alright." (Y/n) looked up at the three, in hopes for a good answers. In hopes for good news.

"(Y/n), you've been out for three weeks." Christine said.

Meg held out a newspaper.

(Y/n) took it and immediately, she felt her chest twist at the bold letters.

"ERIK IS DEAD"

"We'll..leave you for now. You might want some space." Meg suggested. She pulled Christine and Raoul out of the room and closed the door behind them.

ERIK IS DEAD
The infamous Phantom of the Opera that haunts the Paris Opera Populaire is dead. Many workers of the opera house have explained their stories and experiences of this Mysterious Phantom.
Three weeks after the incident of the Phantom's opera, Don Juan Triumphant, the Opera Populaire was blown to pieces from below. None were killed by this incident. It was rumoured that this mysterious Phantom caused this tragic event.
A grave was made right next to Opera House. The gravestone written:
In Loving Memory of
Erik
XXXX - 1881
It's over now, the Music of the Night

(Y/n) started at the paper in disbelief. She could not believe what she was reading. She just couldn't. She wanted to scream. She wanted to cry.

But nothing happened. A tear fell from her face. Then another one. Then another one. And another. Tears fell down her face as her hands gripped the paper tightly. She go of the paper and let it fall to the floor.

She held the mask to her chest. She began to cry and mourn the loss of the man she loved. She wondered if she could've done things differently, he wouldn't have died.

"Oh, Erik. I'm so sorry." She cried. She didn't care the pain her waist was feeling. Her heart felt a deeper pain.

Poor, unhappy (Y/n).

- ♠︎ -

So sad...Erik is dead.

Erik: quit telling people I'm dead!!

Sometimes I can still hear his voice.....

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! ♡