CHAPTER ONE:

Arianna Rose
February 20th, 2013
8 years old
New York City
6:22 pm

Arianna Rose February 20th, 20138 years old New York City 6:22 pm

Pov 3rd person

Arianna was asleep in her tiny bedroom, resembling more of a spacious closet than a actual room. Even though she had a thin sheet covering her, She continued shivering due to how cold it was. Her parents never adjusted the thermostat, causing the entire house to resemble the outdoor temperature.

 Her parents never adjusted the thermostat, causing the entire house to resemble the outdoor temperature

(her room isn't as colorful and it's a little smaller)

Arianna is the only child and her parents considered her a mistake, so they didn't take care of her barely providing for her basic needs. Ari, who is a much smaller size and weight compared to others her age, she weighed around 35 pounds, and suffered from an eating disorder.

Arianna's mother Destiny got pregnant at 17 by her 25-year-old boyfriend Travis who now takes care of her or claims he does. She never wanted to get pregnant at 17 she felt that it ruined her entire life.

Everyone around her tried to talk her out of talking to him, but she didn't listen she dropped out of school and moved in with her boyfriend. Aside from their age differences, their relationship had been normal before she became pregnant.

He became increasingly controlling of her after she had Ari, telling her when to get home, that she couldn't talk to any other man—not even a friend—and that she couldn't leave the house without him telling her to change or that she didn't need to go anywhere.

It was difficult for Destiny to take care of her baby all alone and on top of that he was being unfaithful to her and she knew it. He would come home all times of the night she knew that his job didn't keep him out that late.

From the very beginning, he completely ignored his own daughter without even casting a glance at her. This deeply hurt Destiny, leading her to turn to drug use. Initially, she convinced herself that it would only be one-time thing, but once she experienced the euphoric sensation, she found it was impossible for her to stop.