1.

(cw: swearing)

Rivulet's soul reshapes and slowly sucks her back in and she wakes up, in the lap of another being.

Suddenly all of rivulet's memories of her past life are gone and the only thing she can remember and see is what she is laying in.

It taps her awake and she looks up at what seems to be an iterator.

A little ding pops in her head and she's given the mark of communication.

"Yay!" The iterator exclaims.
"Windswept Spires is going to love you!"

She stares at the other iterator blankly as it picks her up by the armpits

"He's going to have to wait a little longer though. The weather outside isn't quite pleasant yet for me to let you off..."

The iterator places the slugcat in her lap and pets it's back, listening to it's purrs.

"I'll name you leviathan." She says soothingly, feeling the soft and smooth skin on Leviathan's perfectly shaped back and tail.

"Out of all the slugcats I've designed you're my favourite... But don't tell!"

_____

I've always been lonely. My structure so far away and high up that it's hard for me to stand it. I am incapable of creating any sort of life form... At least I'm unable to at the moment.

If only I could figure out a way.

FPM has always been so creative and busy creating new creatures and slugcats, I doubt she's experienced a moment of loneliness and boredom.

She knows I've been lonely and unable to create so she said she'd send out a special gift for me. I've also attempted to ask her for some sort of formula to create my own slugcat but according to her she says "I just kind of do it, there's just not really much to it. I just remember and do whatever."

Helps a lot.

But at least I can finally have some excitement once that "special gift" arrives besides doing work and researching on the great problem. But if I have to be honest, I've given up on the great problem.

My only "great problem" is this boredom and loneliness acting like a stick up my ass.

_____

What... Happened??...
Somehow I'm alive... I open my eyes slowly and see Hunter and Nightcat next to me. I stare at the sky and sit up. Infront of us is a broken gate that seems to have broken and separated out of the room. It's an unfamiliar gate.

It's broken open. My whole body aches so I lay back down on my back. My stomach hurts...

I hear a whimper next to my ear and I jolt up and face the noise. It's Nightcat.

"Nightcat?" I whisper. She lays flatly on her back and I notice one of her arms is gone.

Instead of saying anything else I walk over to her and hug her. It's not bleeding and the wound is already closed. The cycle must've passed and caused it to heal.

She cries on my shoulder and I don't really know how to comfort her so I just hug her tighter.

"... It'll be ok." I whisper.
"I'll take you back home."