11

Shortly after survivor, hunter and saint left from the tree

It's been lonely without them. I look over at Nightcat as she plays with Neck shredder and ankle biter. She mounts on her back and they run around together as Nightcat giggles and falls off.

I look at all the other kids and begin to walk back to the tree to prepare dinner for everyone. Everyone keeps complaining about missing Survivor and Saint. I sigh and simply tell them I do too... There's nothing much I can do about it but they're gone for our sake. The least I can do is tell them they'll be back soon. However, Nightcat wasn't a big fan of that plan. I wake up in the middle of the night to a thump. I fell asleep with all the pups while telling a story just like gourmand used to do.

"Nightcat?" I ask as I see her mounting Ankle biter. "Nightcat... It's too late to be playing. Can you come over to bed? You'll be grumpy for the rest of the cycle." I say softly, inviting her over. By the looks of it the prior cycle had just ended and the rain sprinkled on the ground as the dark sky slowly became light again.

She turns around and waves as she pats ankle biter's neck and launches off. My eyes widen in realisation as I get up. But I'm too late. She's gone.

She... She can't possibly survive. What am I going to do???! Nooo I'm a horrible sibling! She's gonna die and it's gonna be my fault! Rrgh!

I watch as she flies over the gate and out of sight.

I stomp the ground in frustration. Please be safe. I think as I sit down. I can't go looking for her and leave the pups alone.

____

Shortly before Monk was born

Making slugcats has been a trend recently. I never expected myself to have to hop on it but I'm going to have to. To avenge my brother, NSH.

he's been killed by a slugcat that had miraculously accessed the power of Ascension. There have been rumors going around that it was SOS's doing considering the slugcat was green. SOS loved green and it was super obvious. Unfortunately I only have access to NSH as my superstructure is too far away from anyone else. Luckily NSH was the kind of guy to share all the tea with me. Oopsies he's dead now... Lol?

And that's why I need to create a slugcat of my own. To avenge my brother.

After a few cycles he's finally finished.
I've programmed its mindset to be a little more aggressive than usual and I've given him two hearts as well... Just in case.