9

10 cycles after pebbles corrupted Hunter

A green Slugcat falls on the floor of my chamber.
"Oh? What's this? Another beast." I sigh and lift the Slugcat up. It seems this is a messenger with a pearl in his head.

I lift the Slugcat up.
Ah yes. This must be from Sliver of straw.
I pull the Slugcat towards me and take it in my arms. I then begin the procedure to safely and securely remove the pear from it's head without causing any damage to the Slugcat or pearl.

I rub my finger on the back of the green Slugcat's head and jab my finger in his head. Right on cue I give it the mark of communication, causing the vibration of the procedure and press of my finger to relocate the pearl, forcing it to pop out of a hole in the back of the Slugcat's throat. The pearl falls out of its mouth and onto the ground.

I take the silver pearl in my hands, observing it.
"Thank you for traveling such a long way to deliver this valuable information to me." I thank the slugcat. It simply sits there and stares at me. I suppose I won't complain as I have no work it's interrupting any longer. The answer is right in my hands after all.

I read the pearl.

"Dear pebbles. As I've been studying the depths and curiosities of the outside world, I've managed to find a solution to get your hands on ascension. You could maybe use it to ascend yourself or maybe share it with the others. You do you."

The rest of the pearl dialogue is just steps to receive this ascension power. I can die... But... Why would I want that? I could do more. What if...

"Thank you for your service, little one. I assure you this information is in the right hands." I speak. I lift the slugcat up and push him out through the access shaft.

____

I guess now that I've achieved my goal I can explore now! Finally that stupid pearl is out of me. It feels like an itch you can't reach on your back finally being scratched. I feel like a million batnips!

I stretch and look around.

Hmmm... Where will I go first?

I turn my head and see an iterator tower in the very very very far distance.
That should be a fun adventure!

_____

The next cycle after Owen saved leviathan

I wake up to see Owen staring at me.

"Yoo!" He exclaims.
"You're awake bro!"
I raise an eyebrow "uh... Don't call me that. We are not related." I say and sit up. My wounds have healed and I feel much better. I noticed that the spots where Owen wrapped his fur around my tail had grown inside the skin and patched the wound... Freaky.

He grins at me.
"Let's gooo!" He laughs and slides out of the shelter. I roll my eyes and climb out carefully.

"Are you always this Impatient..?" I ask.

"Come on! We've got thrills to thrill dude!" He grins and nudges my arm.
"Your statements make no sense and neither do your weird nicknames. I have a name and it's for using so use it." I say grumpily, crossing my arms. He sighs and turns around. "Gee what a mood killer."

I suck my teeth at him and we walk off. I feel like an intense amount of weight is being pressed onto me as if I'm being watched. Owen walks in front of me, marching pridefully. I stop and turn around and take a look around. Nothing is there but my gut tells me otherwise...

I turn around to see Owen staring at me with his eyes slightly narrowed. "Why did you stop?" He asks with a tone of suspicion which I find awkward. I shrug. "I don't know." I say nervously and start walking again. He shrugs as well and keeps walking.

I feel unsafe. But I shouldn't. This person saved me and that's trustworthy... But it's not him that's bothering me. Despite him being pretty damn annoying, he is good company.

We enter a room with a white lizard which I don't notice at first until Owen stops me from almost stepping on it.

"You got a spear?" I ask Owen. He shakes his head in response. "We'll have to take a different route." He says, turning around.

"Where are we going anyway?" He asks, his gaze leading to the pearl in my hands.
"Hm... I was supposed to visit Seven Red Suns." I answer.

"Ohh I know the way!" He exclaims.
"Uh... Alright."
I find Owen strange. His mood swings confuse me but I guess it doesn't bother me.
As he grins I notice his teeth are a strange neon blue.
I become curious to why that's so. We walk in silence.
"What's up with your teeth? -not in a rude way. Why are they blue?" I ask out of curiosity to break the silence.

He takes a glance at me with an awkward straight face and turns his head back forward, his back facing me once again.
"Oh a spear! Look dude!" He cheers, his mood randomly changing once again. He lifts it up and I grunt in frustration. "My name is leviathan!" I snap. He simply chuckles and throws the spear over his shoulder. Jeez he's good at dodging questions. He's gonna be the death of me.

I decided to drop the question. This guy seems more suspicious by the passing second. I'm just paranoid.