6

Multiple cycles pass and Survivor, Hunter, Maggie and Nightcat travel deeper into the city, not knowing the dangers that await them inside of the buildings.

Dead guards are everywhere. They're all half eaten and missing many limbs.

"What the..." Survivor mumbles. He carries Maggie on his shoulders as I hold Nightcat's hand.

The city is cold and the streets, buildings and lights are so huge that you could imagine they feel like little ants on a obese  grandma's XX-L granny undies

It was silent.
After a long while of walking, snow started to fall.

Maggie turns her head to Survivor "survivor?" She asks.

"Yeah?" He responds.
Maggie thinks for a moment and speaks again.
"My friend lives here."
"..."
Now I'm curious
"Who's your friend?" I question politely. Nightcat kicks a rock while we walk and keeps tugging on my hand. I suppose I don't mind but it's a little obnoxious.

Maggie gets excited about discussing the topic of her friend.

"Her name is urban and she is my best friend! She also helped me escape from Margaret. Do you know Margaret?"

"Margaret?" Survivor asks. "No. Who's that?" I add after survivor speaks.

"She's Urban's mommy and she used to eat me." Maggie says casually as if it were something completely normal. Survivor has the same disgusted and confused look on his face as I do and we look at each other awkwardly.

Survivor looks back ahead.

"Eat you? What did she eat that was yours?"

"Uhhhmmm my fingers... And.... Umm... Tail ... Uhh and...-" Maggie scratches her head
I cut her off
"It's ok you don't... You don't need to tell us any more."

Now I'm really angry. Although it doesn't look or sound like it there's this deep passion of anger and rage inside of me that wants to avenge the poor girl and what she's lost.

But my thoughts are interrupted as a strange sound is heard from the distance, leaving us dead in our tracks. I pull out my spear defensively after putting Nightcat on my shoulders.

_____

I watch as leviathan sleeps on the ground in peace in front of me. His soft breathing is very quiet and I closely observe the shape of his body and how his limbs connect to his torso.

Even if I know the anatomy of a slugcat, how am I going to create one though? There doesn't seem to be any sort of info on my pearls or any online broadcasts about it.

Recently SRS had been having errors with reaching satellites. He always says he'll deliver me info of simple directions to create a slugcat but he never did. He's just like NSH. always fooling around... Which leaves me in the thought of why NSH just randomly stopped communicating and reaching out to broadcasts.

It's almost like he found a way to ascend or something... No he's to dumb.

(Says the one that can't even make a slugcat oof)

Perhaps if I took a sample of Leviathan's DNA I could inspect it and perhaps find a solution...

I sit down in front of the sleeping slugcat.

My fingers pet his back as I take a Lazer from my finger and gently burn open the skin on his lower back (or specifically above his tail).

Leviathan flinches awake, startled.
"Oh hold still would you?"
Leviathan shivers but calms down as I set him in my lap and carefully stick my finger on his wound and suck a small amount of blood inside. I then proceed to take an empty pearl and transfer the blood in the pearl.