16

When artificer was stabbed

As I'm stabbed with Spearmaster's spear, the wind gets knocked out of me and makes me fall over. I claw at the ground, trying to breathe when my vision goes black and i feel the pain disappear. Am i dead?

I feel light and warm. I'm now in a strange endless space where it's just... White. the ground beneath me is a pitch black wet liquid. As i look at my body, all of my scars are gone as well as the stab wound as if I'm in some sort of dream.

I stand still, not knowing what to do since everything here is literally pointless until i hear a sob. Is someone crying?

I've never really heard anyone cry before except me. I'd cry from the loneliness of the cities on NSH's superstructure and when i came back to find him dead.

I turn around and follow the sound, a blue-ish grey slugcat crying on his hands and knees. I stop dead in my tracks, feeling a horrifying feeling running down my spine. I can't see it but i feel a burning rage coming from the other Slugcat.

"Excuse me... Uhh... Sir?" I ask politely but the slugcat keeps sobbing. Can he see me?
I wonder, not sure if i should say anything.

I'm tempted to tap his shoulder so i do, but it just simply moves right through him but i can still feel a chunk of his sorrow. oh.
He definitely can't see me right? I walk around him and sit in front of him, watching him hyperventilate and growl at the blood on his hands.

I feel a little bad for him. I start to hum a tune that i heard NSH sing as he was gently burning the green mark into my forehead. It didn't hurt when he did it. It felt like a nice massage.

To my surprise, he stopped crying. He slowly looks up at me with a glare, the hatred inside of him acting for him. A shock of terror stabs through my chest and i stop humming. He only stares for a few moments before I'm tugged out of the dream. I wake up and sit up immediately but.... Everyone is gone. Spearmaster is dead on the ground with her face ripped open and one of her own spears stabbed through her torso.

The sight is disgusting so i look away. Did they win? Is my brother ok?

I get up and see the spear i was stabbed with gone, replaced with a scar on my stomach. It made me look tuff but i still wished i could've lasted longer in the battle... Kind of embarrassing...

I remember one cycle when Survivor was lecturing me about ascension and how i should be VERY careful. I didn't care of course until now. I thought that crap permanently killed you. By permanently i mean no coming back in the next cycle. sounds silly but kinda legit.

They also went on and on about going to some stupid tree. Maybe if i search for this tree i can find them and tell them about my crazy dream with the weird dude... I hope.

I look around me (no idea where I'm going) and just start taking off in a random direction, hoping it's right