4

I travel through the cold lands as my tiny paws rush to find any shelter. The snow blocks my view and I feel like passing out at any moment... I finally find a pipe and I'm led inside of a warm room. I take a good look around it and see a shelter. Perfect.

I enter the shelter and sit in the corner as I watch the shelter seal.

It wasn't too long ago when FPM sent me out. Maybe three cycles ago.
I'm not sure why I'm going to this so-called "Windswept Spires"...

In the next cycle I wake up and exit the shelter. The warm empty room is silent and the only noise in the room is my breathing and footsteps. The amount of silence is unsettling so I begin to walk and I find a Crawlspace leading up inside of the ceiling.

I crawl through it and find a long hallway. I feel my feet getting lighter the further I travel down the tunnel but I somehow manage to gracefully float through without bumping into anything.

That's when I see another pipe.

It's on the ground with a pole connected to it. I grab on to the pole and push myself off of it, allowing me to perfectly slide into the pipe.

I'm now inside of what I suppose is Windswept Spires' chamber.

_____

A small slugcat falls to the floor of my chamber. I turn around and stare at it.

That must be the "leviathan" that FPM told me about...!

"Ahhh there you are!" I say in an excited but calm tone.

I sit on the ground and let the slugcat walk up to me. It observes me and looks around my chamber.

I notice the little creature has a mark of communication.

"Hm... Did Four Platinum Moons perhaps send you with a pearl?" I ask as I gently lift Leviathan by the armpits as I observe it.

It's skin is so smooth and slick. Perfectly designed to fit through small spaces... Perhaps if I observe further I can figure out a way to make my own slugcat... Maybe so Leviathan won't be lonely.

I set Leviathan down in front of me as I examine his body and run my fingers along his ears.

How interesting.

"Allow me to run a short test." I announce. I lift Leviathan up with the low gravity and scan his body.

A chart pops up with simply just a few sketches and paragraphs about the anatomy and intelligence. This however does not help me... Not in any way.

If only there was a simple summary of how to create, I can just rest easy.

I let Leviathan down and he looks at me confused.

"So what's it like?" I ask as I lean my cheek on the palm of my hand.

Leviathan tilts his head.

"In that tiny body of yours..."
"..."
"I've seen Five Platinum Moons give her slugcats cool advantages and abilities. Can you do anything cool like that?" I ask casually as we both stare at each other awkwardly.

Leviathan nods and turns around so his tail is facing me.

I then watch in anticipation as a perfectly shaped gear emerges from his tail and falls off of his body, sliding onto the floor.

I pick up the gear and fidget with it.
The solid metal against my robotic fingers is satisfying. The smoothness of the object is simply perfect.

"Fascinating... Is there anything else you can produce?" I question. I look up at Leviathan.

He then produces another object. A sharp rock.

I stare at the rock as it falls to the ground as well and then I look up at him. I snicker. "You're one of a kind aren't ya?"

I signal for him to come to me with my hands and he moves closer, sitting criss crossed Infront of me.

I examine his neck and his smooth tail. His thin fur fades from grey to purple. I'm intrigued to learn more.

"Do you have to eat?" I ask as I keep gliding my fingers across the smooth skin of Leviathan's tail.

He nods again and curls up in my lap.

I give him a head pat and lean against my umbilical arm.

This is nice. I'm not alone anymore.

But maybe tampering with this new source of information just a little bit won't hurt ...he has potential.

here's a Leviathan and Windswept Spires ref before the chapter ends just incase you don't follow me on YouTube