S1:E3 - "Every breath you take"

A car pulls over on a sidewalk, letting a girl out before driving off

A car pulls over on a sidewalk, letting a girl out before driving off. She waves to the car before beginning to walk down the street. The only thing illuminating the road for quite a distance being one nearby street light that she passes under. When she walks past it she feels a tingle go down her spine. Like something is touching her neck. She twists around to see nothing but darkness in every direction. She hurries along, now afraid for her life... Left behind is an apparition extending its hand out.

...

Cathy - ... Ubel. Do you have any words to explain yourself?

Ubel stands oppositional to Cathy and Janet, the latter of whom is angry beyond belief.

Ubel - I had to get out, the ghost was out for my blood, Cathy!

Janet (angry) - Yeah RIGHT.

Ubel - Besides, she's fine.

Cathy sighs and slumps over the front desk.

Cathy - Ubel, can you please try to be a little more responsible for your colleagues?

Ubel - ... Tch. I work better off alone anyways. You needn't send me out with these amateurs.

Janet - Hey!

Cathy - Not to take a side here Janet but you are literally an amateur.

Janet (embarrassed) - hey...!

Ubel - I will be taking my leave now, as I should. Thank you and have a good day.

Cathy - ... Fine. Seeya, Ubel.

Ubel leaves the office, glaring over at Janet as he does.

Cathy - You too, Janet... Go get some rest.

Janet - What? No- I wanna stay! Give me another assignment!

Cathy - Do you want your paycheck or something? I could subtract it from your weekly one if you need money now—

Janet - No, I wanna hunt ghosts!

Cathy - ... Janet. I hate to tell you, but you don't hunt ghosts. All you can do is wait for them to come to me so I can give the assignment to you.

Janet - Wha... What?? Oh come on, boss!

Cathy - Go home, Janet.

Janet groans and begrudgingly leaves the office. She walks through the dark street in the dead of night.

Ali - Impatient, are we?

Janet - Of course. I've wanted to do this since I was a kid... Ever since my mom—...

Ali - Oh boy childhood trauma. Hey- How about you spare me the sob-story and just gimme the basics.

Janet - ... a ghost comatosed my mom.