The arranged marriage

Hiccups pov

I can't believe she said yes!!!
It's been three days since I proposed. We haven't told anyone yet but we are planning on telling my father, stoick, today.
Astrids still upstairs sleeping, but I just can't sleep. I know my father loves Astrid and he is really happy that we are together. But it's not the telling him I'm worried about. It's him telling Astrid all the things she will need to do once she is a Chiefess I just know the first thing he will say is, ' now Astrid you do realise you will need to have a child since the chief needs an heir?' . That's going to make this trip extremely awkward. I mean I do want a child with Astrid but what if she doesn't? And I don't think either of us is ready for that kind of responsibility...

Time skip

No one's pov
Hiccup and Astrid hopped on their dragons and flew towards stoicks house. Stormfly and toothless were both snorting as if having a conversation with each other . Every time, toothless and stormfly would both nervously look out towards the sea, causing the couple to both tense up.
"Um hiccup"Astrid called nervously
"I know I see the ship too". Hiccup stared at the ship trying to get a closer look. " I'm going to check it out" hiccup said quietly. Astrid followed him closely behind as  backup in case it was dragon hunters.  Hiccup looked back at Astrid. "Astrid? Have you ever seen that symbol before? I don't think it's dragon hunters" Astrid shook her head "I've never seen that before what do you think it is". Hiccup shrugged. "It's probably nothing, come in my dad's waiting" hiccup turned toothless around and they both flew back towards the direction of stoicks house. They landed softly before hiccup jumped off going to help Astrid. " m'lady" hiccup said jokingly reaching a hand out for Astrid. Astrid goggles taking his hand "thank you kind sir" she laughed. Stoick stood in the window watching, chuckling to himself.
The couple walked up to the fore and knocked. The door immediately opened and they walked inside. They followed stoick to the living room and sat down on the seats.
" so dad we have something to tell you-"
Stoick cut him off.
"No son, me first "
Hiccup looked strangely at his father then to Astrid who just shrugged
" So, I have some news that you may not like and I'm deeply sorry for this". Stoick started. " hiccup. When you were 4, you were best friends with a girl named Helga."
A/n I completely made up the name and just googled it. I also found out that astrid means beautiful so there's a fun fact for you. Anywayss back to the story

" you probably guessed with this is going but if you didn't I'll explain it anyway. So as I was saying you were extremely close with Helga when you were 4. And me and her mum made an agreement which i completely forgot about. We both signed something saying the day you both were 21 you were engaged by law."
Hiccup gasped and Astrid's eyes widened
"Anyways you probably saw their ship when you were flying over here, that is what you wanted to tell me, isn't it?"
Hiccup grabbed Astrid's hand , noticing she was about to cry
"No actually, it wasn't what we were going to tell you. We were going to tell you that me and ASTRID were engaged"
Stoick stared in shock. " hiccup, Astrid I am so sorry to do this too you, you know I have wanted you to get married the first day you met, which is why it pains me to tell you this but you need to break up"
Astrid started to cry and hiccup hugged her protectively.
"No dad please, there must be a Way out of this I can't marry anyone but Astrid it's not right"
Stoick shook his head sadly. " I know... but there isn't a way out of it. It's to bring our tribes together so we don't have a war"
"Dad, we have dragons. They don't. I'm pretty sure we would win the war."
Stoick opened his mouth to say something when there was a knock at the door.
" that must be them" stoick jumped up and walked slowly towards the door. Stoick started loudly talking to the guests leaving hiccup and astrid , astrid sobbing into his chest. Hiccup has tears falling gently down his cheek
"Hiccup, can you come here I want you to meet Helga and her mother from the völsung tribe of Northern Ireland. Oh and show Astrid to the door" shouted stoick from the next room. Astrid started sobbing harder into hiccups chest. Hiccup lifted her chin and kissed her passionately on the lips.
"I'll come see you tonight. I don't care if I have to get married. I will do everything I can to put an end to this" hiccup looked into her eyes and kissed her again. " come on we should probably go before they come find us". Astrid nodded sadly and her and hiccup walked out hiccup in front. Hiccup walked into the next room first. Helga smiled widely at him then her smile dropped. Hiccup turned around to see why her smile fell and saw Astrid walking behind him. He turned around and smiled sarcastically to Helga.
"Come on Astrid I'll take you Home, OUR home"hiccup said the last pounder louder. Astrid smiled to herself knowing what he was trying to do. Astrid got an idea. She whistled loudly and stormfly and toothless came soaring round the corner. Helga and her mother screamed. " What on gods earth is that?" Helga screeched. Hiccuo laughed quietly only Astrid hearing who smiled at grinned at him. " That, is my my dragon toothless, my best friend, and the bigger one is stormfly, Astrid's dragon." Hiccup said trying not to laugh at their reactions. "And both of them will injure you or worse if you do any funny business I'll be the one to tell them to"hiccup murmured under his breath only for Astrid to hear. Astrid Burt out laughing earning a glare from stoick and the guests ,making her immediately stop.
"Well t-that thing will be the first to go as soon as we are married" Helga snarled. Hiccup gave her a look that could kill and she looked away awkwardly.
"We'll come on Astrid let's go home"
"HICCUP WA-" stoick shouted after them but they ignored him, jumping on their dragons and flying off into the horizon.
Astrid and hiccup burst out laughing.
"D-did you see the look on their face when they saw toothless and stormfly"Astrid spoke through laughing trying to control herself. Hiccup laughed " I know it was priceless"

Time skip

They laughed all the way back to hiccups house and immediately went upstairs to bed. Just as  they were climbing into bed there was a knock on the door.
"Ugh what now?" Astrid groaned.
"I don't want to know" hiccup replied ignoring it
The knocking got louder and rapider.
" Alright alright I'm coming down now, Astrid stay here I'll be back now" and with that hiccup went downstairs and walked towards the door.
He opened it and to his surprise helga was standing there with her bags.
"Finally" she huffed "now grab my bags and show me to our room"
"Yeah no this isn't going to work" hiccup said sternly
"Oh and why's that?"
"Because there is no way you are sleeping in MY bed with ME and you can go tell my father and your mother if they have a problem with that they can answer to the chief of Berk. Me."
Hiccup shut the door in her face and smirked as he saw her walk away angrily.
He chuckled and walked upstairs to Astrid
"Who was it?"astrid asked
"Helga. She had the nerve to come up here and tell me to take her bags and take me to our room"
" what did you tell her?"
" to leave and to talk to her mother and my father if she had a problem"
Astrid laughed then suddenly stopped.
"Um hiccup? I think someone's downstairs"
She was proved right when toothless opened his mouth preparing a plasma blast. Hiccup signalled toothless to follow him and told Astrid to stay upstairs. Astrid nodded and had stormfly wait by the window outside in case she needed to jump out

Hiccups pov

"Who's there"
" you wouldn't hurt your future wife would you?"
" 1- your not my future wife and 2- yes I would hurt YOU"
Helga scoffed. " is this because of that stupid Astrid girl? She's not even pretty" hiccup clenched his fist and toothless came closer to her. Helgas eyes widened

A/n hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry to leave you on a cliff hanger but I'm working on the next chapter now!!
Word count- 1495