Chapter 1: Betrayal 💔

Past...

Dhruv was driving his car with the biggest smile he'd ever had; today, he was really happy. He played his favorite song, "Tum Hi Ho" by Arijit Singh, in the car.

Dhruv's POV:

I was driving when suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, and as soon as I saw who it was, my smile grew even wider. I pulled my car over to the side of the road and turned down the music volume.

I picked up the phone and answered the call from my girlfriend, Shreya.

On the call...

"Hello, baby! What are you doing?" Shreya asked.

"Nothing, babe, just missing you," Dhruv replied her with his blushing face.

"Aww, how cute! Me too, baby. Why don’t you come to my birthday party....You don’t know how much I’m missing you. But it’s okay; you said you have an important meeting tomorrow, that’s why you're going to Shimla. I can wait for you to bring my gift," Shreya said while smiling.

"Of course, I’ll bring a gift from Shimla for you, okay? Now hang up; I’m driving."

"Do you know, baby, you're not the only one missing me at my birthday party? I’m missing you so much right now."

"Hmm, I know."

"Okay, baby, love you. Take care."

"Love you and miss you too," Dhruv replied.

...Call ends

After talking to Shreya, Dhruv looked at the gift box beside him. He picked it up, opened the ring box inside, and said, "I’m coming, babe. Just wait for the surprise."

Dhruv started driving again with a lovely smile and headed toward Shreya’s house.

I got out of the car and started looking towards the house with the gift in my hand.

I went up to the door of Shreya’s house, holding the gift. I smelled the flowers once; they had a very nice fragrance, coming from Shreya’s favorite flower, the rose. I was looking at those beautiful roses when I heard the door opening and saw a girl running from there. Within seconds, I realized the girl was crying.

A gust of wind came, and her hiding her face got hidden behind her hair....

She seemed familiar, though I wasn’t sure why. She looked like someone I knew. Even though she passed so close by, I could sense how beautiful she could be. And that i felt like the wind was whispering something.....

I felt a strange urge to see her again. I turned around to look for her, but she was gone. I decided to ignore it and went inside. Damn, she's fast just like this soothing wind. I smiled myself.

When I entered, the party was still going on. I went up to a friend of mine and asked, "Where's Shreya, bro?"

The boy replied, "Oh yeah, she’s inside her room."

"Okay, thanks, bro. See you."

"But weren't you in Shimla?" he asked.

"I’ll tell you about it later, okay?"

"Oh, wait, have a drink first, Dhruv," the boy said, offering him a glass of wine.

"No, thanks. I'd like to meet Shreya first."

"Okay!" the boy replied.

Dhruv took the stairs and went straight to Shreya’s room. When he arrived, he thought of knocking on the door. But then he thought, is that really part of the surprise?