Chapter 34

Three days ago,

Darpan's POV,

I was studying in the room next to Dhruv's, feeling a little exhausted after hours of trying to focus. Dhruv had been his usual self, angry and loud on the phone, snapping at me earlier when I’d asked to go to the library.

"You'll just mess things up like you always do!"

"I don’t know what’s going on with me. Whenever I see him, he keeps claiming ownership of everything—‘This is mine, that is mine.’ It feels like I’m ruining everything he does, even without doing anything myself. What have I done wrong?"

His words still echoed in my mind. It stung, but I didn’t argue. I just wanted to finish my work and get away from the tension for a while.

Tiredness crept over me, so I set a timer on my phone for half an hour, played some soft music to calm myself down, and rested my head on the desk. My eyes grew heavy, and before I knew it, I’d drifted off to sleep.

I don't know how long it was before the sound of Dhruv moving around woke me slightly. His footsteps, his frustrated mumbling—he was searching for something.

"Where is that file?" he kept muttering, growing more agitated by the second. I stayed still, keeping my head down, hoping he wouldn’t notice me.

He opened the door to the room I was in. The air shifted as he walked inside, his irritation palpable. I could feel his eyes scanning the space, searching for the missing file. His muttering continued, louder now, as if he couldn’t believe he'd misplaced something so important. Eventually, I sensed his gaze falling on me, or rather on my desk, and I held my breath.

"Will he scold me for sleeping like this?"

As Darpan pondered these thoughts, she fell asleep without even realizing it.

She was truly exhausted. She had been studying for nearly the past four hours.

.....👀❤️

He tries to compose himself so that Darpan doesn’t wake up.

Dhruv pov,

As soon as I looked at her face, a light breeze blew a few strands of hair across her cheek. My hand almost moved on its own, ready to brush them away, but I stopped myself. I didn’t want to wake her. And honestly, Darpan didn’t like me touching her. I sighed quietly, feeling the weight of the unspoken distance between us, and pulled my hand back.

"As soon as I walk in, I see Darpan is sleeping, and she’s wearing headphones. What foolishness! Won’t her ears hurt? Why should I care—let them hurt; maybe then this fool will learn. That’s when I noticed the other Bluetooth earphone lying on the side. I wonder what she’s listening to; judging by her actions, it must be some weird song. I picked up the Bluetooth earphone and put it in my ear. The sound was quite low, but she could still hear the music.  The song playing was something like this:

*'Hum labon se keh na paaye unse haale dil kabhi, aur wo samjhe nahi ye khamoshi kya chij hai.'*

(*"I could never express my feelings to them through words, and they never understood what this silence truly means."*)

......💗✨......

This might not have been the first time I saw her sleeping like this, but I don't know why today it felt different. Whenever I woke up the day after drinking, finding you close to me stirred so many emotions in my heart that you wouldn't even know. If someone asked me how someone could look so beautiful while sleeping, the answer is right in front of my eyes. Why do I want to keep looking at you? Why am I never satisfied? My heart says just one more time. I could have sent anyone to get that file, but knowing you'd be home today, I don't know why I couldn't stop myself from coming here. What is happening to me? I've never felt like this for anyone, but you..."