Chapter 9- Bryn's first training

[Re-edited: 05/07/2024]

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

The night passed peacefully for the young man, the only noticeable thing being some blurry dreams about people fighting. Before their silhouettes could become clearer, however, his consciousness returned to the real world, brought back by the warm sunlight filling his room. After letting out a moan of comfort from the enjoyable warmth, his eyelids slowly fluttered open. "Mmmhh... That was a..." After letting out a yawn, he continued. "...A strange dream." Rubbing his eyes to rid himself of his sleepiness, he then sluggishly moved the blanket off his body before standing up from his bed. As an ingrained habit, Demian threw a brief glance toward the alarm clock on his bedside table. 'Unfortunately', his mind was still somewhat hazy, which meant that he was already on his way to his wardrobe when he finally realized that something was wrong. Turning his head back toward the clock to make sure he was not hallucinating, he exclaimed in surprise. "What the...? I've only slept 8 hours?" Feeling surprised, he focused his attention on his body's state. 'No soreness. I don't feel drowsy either. Quite the opposite actually. I've never felt better! In this life, at least. Let's not compare it with my previous one. I don't want to fall into depression.' He thought half-jokingly while shaking his head.

Turning back toward the wardrobe, he put on some casual sports clothes in preparation for his daily training before noticing something else that changed about his body. That was the noticeable feeling of hunger he was experiencing. Normally, he would skip breakfast because his body frankly did not need the nutrients. However, his stomach was now warning him to do the opposite. 'I'll just get some food inside me.' He inwardly decided before going to check his body in the full-length mirror hung on the wall. Despite wearing some clothes, he did spot a few differences compared to the day prior, making him exclaim at the power of his Physiology Perk. 'The difference isn't massive, but I still look a bit fuller. My muscles are still not visible, though. No matter, I just need to keep working out. I'm sure I'll look better quickly!' Seeing his hard work pay off so quickly boosted his motivation for a moment before he shook his head while letting out a few chuckles. 'Anyway, let's just go downstairs.' He decided, not forgetting to tend to his morning needs beforehand.

When he reached the first floor, Demian immediately noticed Bryn and Adeliya eating breakfast while chatting happily. The sight brought a smile to his face, prompting him to walk a tad faster. "You're early today, Sweetie." His Aunt exclaimed in surprise before his cousin added. "Feeling the pressure yet?" A few chuckles escaped his lips as he heard the question. "Of course, I am. Catching up with you will surely take time, so I can't afford to be lazy!" While replying to the tall woman, he quickly prepared himself a substantial breakfast, raising a few eyebrows from the people present. "By the way, when do you want to start our training session?" Those words brought a thoughtful look on her face. "Well... I need to bring Mom to her office first. We can start afterward." Nodding his head, he finished the food sitting in his mouth before stating. "I'm fine with that. I'll just warm up in the meantime." Having agreed on the process, the three finished their meal swiftly before each went on their way, with Bryn and Adeliya leaving the penthouse while Demian went to the gym on the first floor.

Once in the expansive room, he quickly prepared a bottle of water and a towel before walking to a treadmill a few meters away. Cracking his neck, he muttered. "Let's do this!" As the machine started going faster and faster, the young man thought jokingly. 'The Grind never stops!... God, it feels so embarrassing to say that...' As his pace grew faster, the random thoughts plaguing his mind started to disappear, turning into inner silence reminiscent of the effect that meditation had on one's mind. Despite his heart beating faster, his breath being more hurried and sweat running down his whole body, the young man felt great. The exhaustion that would normally drown him after a few minutes of intensive physical exertion was now barely noticeable, lengthening the time of his workout by great magnitudes. As minutes passed by, he subconsciously noticed the harmony between his body and mind becoming better and better, boosting his performance, and naturally correcting his movements to avoid wasting any energy. It was... Exhilarating!