Chapter 36

What was I so afraid of?

I had to hide my true self.

You decided to wear something very colourful due to the heat to lift your melancholy mood. You wore a bright yellow top, a purple flowery print mini skirt, and brown leather flats. You decided to try something new with your hair and straighten it. You couldn't believe how long your hair grew for these weeks. But you love your luscious curls.

While Alia was getting ready, you waited for her in the lounge, texting your sweetheart

Your heart constricted painfully again when he informed you that he and his family would have dinner with Noodle-Joo's family. You felt your eyes starting to well up, but you knew your happiness with your soulmate would not last.

Noodle will confront Seokjin about her talk with "Alia." You wonder if you should tell Alia about meeting your soulmate, but you are so fearful. The stress of losing your soulmate is getting the best of you. How will you even broach the topic of your soulmate? She will be in army mode, and it is challenging to reason when in that mode. Aliah can become genuinely distressed.

When Alia emerged from her room, she looked effortlessly cool in a short denim minidress and Converse sneakers. Her hair was loose on her shoulders, blowing out very straight. She looked gorgeous.

"Wow, girl, you look so cute today. I've called Uber, and it will be here in a few minutes. I'm so excited to be home, you know. I'm just a little angry about those two girls' confrontation, and it still baffled me that they think I'm seeing the idol. Gosh, I wish." She shook her head, still perplexed by the absurdity of those girls' accusations.

You inhaled deeply, worried that your friend would be furious if you had to come clean. But you know it's right, even if the timing is unfavourable. You've kept it a secret for almost two weeks. Gosh, Alia will scold you. You've never kept such vital secrets from her; not even your family knows.

Just then, you heard a honking outside. It was your Uber driver. You were so excited to leave the house and enjoy time with your lively friends.

Alia always looks stunning in whatever she wears. You smirk because you've been enjoying life so much; you even gained some weight from all the succulent food your soulmate was sending or buying for your time together.

You feel a little weary about going to university the next day, but the language and culture tests are coming up, and Seokjin needs you for invigoration. They must resume a complete tour schedule, and their RunBts shows must wrap up before they leave Seoul for their international fan meets.

You both rush out with your purses and settle into the Uber.

Alia was conversing candidly in Korean with the driver, who was super friendly, and he even corrected her grammar.