Part 19

AN: A short update with some important details ;) I'll do my best to give you what you all want tomorrow! Thanks for reading ♥

~

Come to my place tonight.

That was all Stevie could think about. Lindsey didn't say anything else, he just walked out, leaving her hot and bothered. Surely he didn't invite her for a chat, not after that kiss. Did she want to go? Absolutely. But she had also just yelled at him about a one night stand, claiming that it was all he wanted from her, no matter what he said. That wasn't what she wanted. If she went to see him, though, they were definitely going to end up in bed together. Or on the couch, or the kitchen counter, or...

Stevie shook herself mentally as she stepped out of Sharon's car, who brought her home after a long day of rehearsals. Sharon offered just because she wanted details, however, Stevie gave nothing. She wasn't exactly sure what happened either. 

"Call me if you need anything." Sharon waved goodbye just in time before Stevie slammed the passenger's side door shut. 

Lost in her thoughts, Stevie didn't even notice another car in her driveway. She approached the front door of her house and slid the key into the lock. She frowned, did she forget to lock the door?

"Oh, it's you" Stevie uttered unenthusiastically. "I was worried for a second that someone broke in."

Ouch. "Yeah, it's me. Didn't you see my car outside?" Jimmy asked, making his way down the stairs, a bag containing his things in hand.

"I, uh-" Stevie paused, she shook her head. "Sorry, I had a rough day."

What happened? That would have naturally been the next thing out of Jimmy's mouth had they still been a couple. "I knew you'd be out, I needed to grab some things." He explained, Stevie had nothing to say. "I haven't had the time to-"

"I know." Stevie cut in. "It's fine, I told you. There's no rush."

"Still." Jimmy shrugged. "Bumping into each other at your house is not exactly pleasant." He emphasized. The house had always been Stevie's, however, they had also shared it the last few years, made plans, dared to dream.

"Well, I don't have any plans for tomorrow, so if you don't want to bump into me, don't come here." It came out icy, more than she had intended.

It happened over the holidays. What started out as a lovely Christmas morning, ended up being a total disaster. Stevie talked to her family over the phone, exchanged presents with Jimmy and as the evening was approaching, she started getting ready for dinner at some expensive restaurant, just like Lindsey had predicted. Everything was going well until all the alcohol Stevie had consumed that night loosened up her tongue. She didn't even realize just how much she reminisced. Not about Christmases when she was a little girl, not family dinners, not catching her father in the middle of the night putting together her present, no - Christmases she shared with Lindsey. Jimmy kept quiet, he held back, trying to change the subject instead, but she just wouldn't shut up. Once they returned home, that was when he lost it. One accusation after another rolled off his tongue and he couldn't stop. Stevie, of course, didn't just sit in silence and take it all. A massive fight ensued until they tired themselves out and Jimmy told her, he couldn't do it, he could no longer be with her if in her mind and in her heart she was with someone else. 

"Thanks for letting me know." Jimmy rolled his eyes, marching past Stevie. "Enjoy your evening." He said walking out the door. 

Stevie hadn't decided yet until she heard him say that. You know what, she thought, I will. Be it a one night stand or not.