Chapter 4

I was floating. Moving through air.

I was in a tunnel, a void. My surroundings were green and there were symbols falling vertically.

I knew those symbols...somewhere... It pained me to think about anything complicated, like thinking about memories.

'What is my name?'

I was on a platform, an invisible platform that I couldn't feel or touch.

'What happened?'

My arms were the only things that had gravity, dropping lifelessly off the platform.

'My name is Daniel. Dan. That laser brought me here.'

The symbols I couldn't name. They were so confusing. All 0s and 1s.

Code.

The mysterious symbols were code.

'Code for what?'

These questions made me feel like I was supposed to be brain dead, like I was supposed to have no thoughts.

'Help me...'

I see a light. A light. Freedom.

My body continues floating. The light covers my body and I feel myself change.It felt like thousands of tiny needles sticking into my feet, then my legs, my torso.Then it transitioned to my arms and creeped up my neck. It was reaching my brain.It wanted to numb my brain and corrupt it. I tried to make it go away.

It creeped up my neck and took charge over my brain, it felt like parasites that had finally taken over the victims body. I couldn't hold on any longer...I let go and my vision gave into the light.

================
Please, rate and comment! Tell me what you think!