Chapter 15

Jemma's POV

A huge explosion right next to my head wakes me up. My heavy head turns to my right, and a crater in the metal, covered in flames greets me.

I sit up and feel like my neck is lifting a 100 pound weight. My head is clogged with nonsense as I look around drowsily for the cause of noise. Ugh, I don't want to wake up. A massive square ghost hovers above me. Its tentacles slowly flow behind it, as if a slow breeze was pushing them. It looked so peaceful until it notices that I'm staring at it.

It shrieks in rage, its white face suddenly stains with tears. A massive black fire ball comes flying at me. I dodge it by rolling to my right, my heavy head bangs against the floor and a sharp pain spouts on my forehead. I stand up and stagger sideways the the wall, leaning on it. I press my hand against my forehead, temporarily numbing the pain with pressure.

My eyes water and gleam against the light of fire, making my eyes look like a glowing light, just like Herorbine's. I press them shut, trying to stop the tears but more drip down my face. I hear another huge fireball hit beside me, missing me by a block. Looking down, my legs tangle in front of me but still keep me moving forward. There are massive black dots everywhere as my vision doubles. I look up, now there seems to be two massive ghasts shooting at me.

My legs keep moving and I finally trip, much delayed. My glistening eyes shine as I turn my face to the horrid monster. It freezes in its tracks, almost mesmerized with my face of pain. I don't know how I read the expression, it just happened. I'm no scientist, or any animal whisperer.

I guess I can read my pugs minds, but that's different.

It was embarrassed. But by what?

Anyway, I have a huge monster who JUST stopped chucking fireballs at me. What do I do now?!

My brain racks for answers, but pain stops it from working.

Suddenly, my eyes light up. I see a streak of energy fly across my view, filling the frozen animal with deadly shocks. It screams in horror, tears bursting out of its eyes again. The scream shatters my ears as the beast takes one last breath and disintegrates.

The shrieking sound doesn't help my pained head.

Slow clapping fills the sharp silence. The sarcastic kind, where no amusement is shown.

"What a show, ahahah!" The oh-so-friendly Herobrine speaks. Small wisps of smoke is floating away from his hands, like a gun that was just fired.

"What did you just do?!" I ask.

"I had to end the fight, you were winning with.." He stops to scoff in disgust, "sympathy..."

He walks up and bends down, right in my face and inches from my eyes.

"SHOW NO MERCY." He screams right into my ear.

He gets up and walks slowly in a circle with his hands folded behind him as if he was a military officer.

"You have to win with brute strength, you looked like a wimp out there."

He stops and turns to me again.

"My wife will know how to fight."

"I will NOT be your wi-" I loose all my breath for a sudden, as if it was pulled from my body.

It all happens so fast. My eyes are hazy but I can see Herobrine holding a ball of air, my air. I cough and gasp but no air comes to me. I start to see blue and yellow dots clouding my vision. Now they turn a deep purple then black, as I start to loose consciousness.

Then I am able to see light again, air fills my body and soothes my burning lungs. Like water cooling a fire, the war for air ends in my body. I bend over and lay down, trying to let my brain clear out.

"What the heck..." I murmur.

"...how did you do that?"

He evilly smiles, "I'll show you if now if you want."

Just listen to him, you'll know how to fight him later if you learn these skills.

"O-Ok.."

"Raise you hand." He instructs.

I do as told and a pig appears. My eyes open in amazement.

"Did..did I do that?!" I ask excitedly, my pain gone.

"No, I did." He rolls his eyes, annoyed.

"Oh.." I laugh awkwardly.

"Now, tighten your grasp and focus on the air of the animal."

I make a fist and think of the air the animal is taking in. I tighten my hand's grasp on the air. A trail of air bursts out of the pig's mouth and travels into my hand. Its eyes gloss over, and lowers itself  as it slowly sinks to the ground.

"Kill it."

"No! It's an innocent pig!" I release my grasp on the animals air.

"Kill it. Now!" He yells.

"No!" I yell back.

A sword comes flying at me out of the blue. The diamond glow flashes at me as I fly my hand up, in an attempt to stop it. I wait for it to cut my hand open, waiting for a searing pain to punish me for not killing an innocent. But, it doesn't.

I cautiously look up and see the sword patiently floating inches from my hand.  I look over to Herobrine. His glowing eyes are narrowed as he tried again to push the sword into my hand, flicking his hand. But I try to deflect it, pushing my open palm into the air where the sword hung. We both fought over ownership of the sword until he gave up.

"Good job. Trainings over today, come back tomorrow."

"Uh..ok..bye?" I nervously stutter.

"Goodbye."

The pig man guard appears and takes me up a secret staircase. I ignore him, after he pushed me into LAVA. Ya know, everyday stuff.

I'm led into my room made of nether-quartz. The pig leaves. I take off my skimpy dress and put on a satin robe. Why can't they just have sweatpants and t-shirts? I walk over to my bed in my bare feet and open the beautiful silk covers. I dip my feet into the cool covers and sit up against the soft, cushioned bed-post. I stare at the vase on the dresser on the other side of the room.

I slowly raise my hand, grabbing the base with my mind. The vase slowly rises, reflecting across the mirror it was behind. I lower it down, and smiling, I fall asleep.

=====================
Thanks for reading!
Special thanks to: EmyCon and Sihloette_Star for adding this book to their reading lists!