Chapter 13

Jemma's POV

The guard leads me down the hallway and takes me to a small doorway that was decorated with dried blood. My stomach knots up yet I shake it off...was this a good idea? Well, it wasn't exactly my choice.

"So uh...what are we doing...?" I nervously ask.

"Training." He bluntly grunts.

I almost step into the room until I see the floor and I jump back in fear. The whole floor of the massive room was bubbling, flame-emitting lava. The mixture was decorated with badly scorched black rocks, each bobbing up and down in the fluid. My eyes open widely, taking in the massive burst of light. The burgundy colored walls had some damage done to them. Signs of impact marred the monstrous walls.  Mosaics on the top of the walls show awful gut-wrenching stories, people being sacrificed against  their will, humans burning alive, people getting their eyes pulled-
I shoot my head down, knowing that I couldn't handle the rest. Small pillars decorated the bare walls, each cradling flames of different color and size.

I look to the guard, he nods, indicating that I was able to step into the room.

I slide one foot off my stable floor. There was nothing but lava, how am I supposed to walk on it? I hold onto the pillar at the enterence, pulling all of my body weight up so my foot could brush the tips of the lava bubbles. I retract my foot backwards, it looked to scary to risk putting my foot in.

"Jump in."  The guard instructs.

"Are you insane?" I snap, "I know that this is magical and all that crap but really, jumping into boiling hot LAVA?" Is this guy messed up in the head?

"Jump or I'll..I'll push you!" The pig suddenly sounds like a baby, trying to sound tough.

"It's going to hurt me though! You are resistant to it or something I'm not!" I try to explain my reasons simply. I was being foolish, I don't need to explain my reasons, this guard would be too scared to take a fraction of an inch of a footstep near me. I clench my fists, fingernails digging into my palm, it was a horrid pain but I had to look intimidating as if I was ready to pick him up and throw him into the middle of the floor so I could escape, then again, I didn't have any escape plan...

He glares at me, his chocolate eyes narrowing.

"Jump. In." He states choppily , putting on a tough face.

I stare at him with the same amount of force, almost challenging him to a contest. For 30 seconds my eyes water and sting. I suddenly blink, not able to control the reflex. Knowing that I had lost, I remove my obsidian flats that I had been given earlier, when I was freshening up. Somehow, they were just my size. As they are removed from my foot, the cracks in the obsidian glow, lava running through jagged chasms. It flows quickly but does not fall out of the shoe.

'Huh' I think, 'Everything seems to be magic here..'

I dip my shoe into the lava, to my susprise, the lava cleared, making a air sphere around the flat. I run my other arm down to the holding limb and touch the heated obsidian. Covering it from the 'sight' of the lava, it stayed the same, not flooding in and burning my pale skin to a crisp. I stand up again, and I hesitate before dipping my bare foot into the lava which had flattened itself again. It imitates what it had done with the shoe, clearing an to make an air pocket.

I look back over my left shoulder, expecting to see the pigman guarding the door, waiting for me to jump in. He wasn't there, only his golden sword pressed against the doorway, glinting from the warm light of the lava. I feel a rush of anxiety when I suddenly feel a huge force slamming me from my right. My eyes fly open as the lava grows closer and closer to my face, filling my oval eyes with blinding light, I flip myself around, looking for my attacker, I don't want to see the the that takes my life. It was the timid pig, he wasn't joking. The back of my head is engulfed in warmth, I must be entering the lava. I scream as if they were cutting off my head, a saliva-filled shock one.