Chapter 6

Jemma's POV
"Dan!!!"

I shoot up, my braid flying past my face. My head hurts.

"Ugnnnnnn...." I murmurer a un-human noise. I turn my head up to the sky, looking at the fiery mass that held its place in the sky.

The sun, wait, what? The sun is square! Confusion was the feeling I felt and as I whip my head down, ending up looking at my torso when I saw something wrong.

A rectangle. My body was a rectangle.

'Oh....my god.'

I feel my face, there wasn't a curve as I brush my hand against my cheekbone. My cheekbone was straight! It wasn't a curve. I traced the edge of my face vertically. It was straight down. My face was a square. Then I noticed my hands. My poor hands have been transformed into the polygons like the others had. My hands were rectangles.
Now I was scared. What happened. Then memories flooded in.

'Dan on the floor, lifeless. The evil laser. The paralyzed state. The light at the end of the tunnel.'
I shook my head, thinking I could shake the thought away.

'I need to get up.'

I found the strength to stand up. After channeling my energy to my legs for a few, long seconds, I was ready to stand up.
On my first try, my knees buckled and I ended up in a painful split. Fire crawled up my legs and centered itself in my hamstrings. My eyes were wide as I tired to roll out of the painful pose.

'I should stretch more...'

I threw my gravity to the right so I could fall to the grassy ground. Out of the painful pose, I tried again to stand up.
One leg up was standing being supported by my hand. It was so weird to stand with flat feet. I lifted my hand and stood up with my other foot. Success. I finally noticed my surroundings and saw that I was a-top a massive mountain. I stood, aghast while I looked at the beauty of this area.

Minecraft.

A forest with towering, intimidating trees. A lake with colorful fish enjoying the clear, crystal water. Hills rolling onto the horizon. The beautiful, blazing, fiery, square sun.

'Woah.'

I was so distracted with the scenery that I temporarily forgot my main goal.

"Dan!"

I remembered. The urgency to find my husband crawled into my head. I frantically looked around, trying to find something, anything, that would give me a clue were he was.

'I NEED to find him! Dan is the only one that knows his way around Minecraft. I only knew a bit about it, one of those things is that I couldn't be out in the open when night takes over the sky.

My head did still hurt, but mostly the urgency to find my husband numbed it. Now it all came back.
Jump down a block, steady myself, jump down, steady myself... I got used to the pattern as I climbed down the mountain. It was mostly stone at the top with some grassy patches. As I progressed down the mountain, I saw more and more of the green patches. Finally, I jumped down about 3 blocks and landed on the ground of the biome.

Of course, my leg hit the ground on a slant and I fell to that side and... Fwump. My body collided with the floor and I ended up with a few scratches on my face.

After a second I roll on my back. The sky.

'Uh-Oh." I muttered.
I guess I was asleep for most of the day, the coral orange was showing its firsts wisps of light. It soon surrounded the sun, letting off a coral-colored glow. I spring up, knowing that the black sky meant death. I turn to my surroundings. The forest I saw seemed to far to get resources and tools. I had to hide. Now.

I run to my mountain. I start to scale it, fear making my hands climb faster that they ever have had before. I pull myself up onto a ledge, using my elbows to crawl forward while my body was hanging off the edge. I push myself up once I hand gotten enough surface area from my elbows.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....." I hear the voice of a brain dead creature.

Zombies.

I look to my sides, now standing with my back pressing up against the ledge. I fling a fist at the zombie, who was limping forward with its arms outstretched. The impact flings it over the edge where it falls to its demise.

Sweat falls down my forehead like how rain falls from the sky. Stray hairs have escaped from my perfect braid.

'Not so perfect anymore.'

I sit down and hug my knees.'I want to go home, see the pugs, Ellie and Darcie. Oh Ellie, how I missed how she would surprise-attack Darcie,' I stop to blink back tears.'And then Darcie would bite her ear. Tears were summoned again to my eyes and I wipe them away. I squeezed my legs harder. I miss Dan. I was sad. I was upset.

I was scared.