Chapter 7

Dan's POV

I wheeze.

I force my neck up to look at the inky sky. My neck muscles strain with the decision of my action. My brown hair was damp with sweat and some strands were impaling my eyes. I was hanging on a small branch. Some of the branch's excess tangled wood was making its way under a thin layer of my skin.

"Ssssssssssssss." The evil creature spat at me.

It's permanent frown was looking down at me. It was the icon of Minecraft: a creeper. It wasn't as threatening on your computer screen. But when this body had the higher ground with its disgusting looks and gnarly legs and evil, green, scaly skin, it seemed pretty dang scary.

My hands cling to the small twig as the creeper looked menacingly at me, ready to combust whenever it felt the need.
I look down at the air below me. A ravine. The mist was situated down there, exploring every crack and crevice in every rock. The only thing I could see down there was the faint glint of lava in the darkness of the night.

If I dropped, I would die. If I dropped and landed in lava, I would die. If I climbed up next to the creeper, I would die. My brain racks to find a solution to the problem I was facing.

I return my gaze to the creeper before me. It was wounded, for sure. It had one back leg sliced open,along with its chest as if it had run into something sharp. I could see TNT inside, covered in organs and dried blood. I try not to throw up. 'Almost like if one hit could kill it... ' I resume my thought process. I knew I couldn't be the one to dish out the blow, I would loose my grasp. The branch continued creaking and I knew I couldn't stay on for more than 5 more minutes.
I look around my surroundings above me, a sheep, a hill, a skeleton. A skeleton!

'Maybe if I attract the skeletons attention, it can shoot the creeper!' It was a stupid idea but it was the best choice I had and I didn't have the time to wait around to search my brain for a better solution.

"Hey there Mister Skeleton! This creeper sure was talking bad about you!"

I yell mockingly and the creeper narrows its eyes, as if it knew that I was saying something bad, just by the tone of my voice. The skeleton tenses up and I see it reaching for an arrow from the bag slung on its back.

I look back to the creeper, wondering if it can see my evil grin under all the dirt smeared on my face that it had kicked down on me.

The skeleton turns to me, raises its bow, draws the spider string back and ZING!
The creeper lets out a scream of agony, it's hollowed out eyes open in fear as it was propelled off the cliff side.
I almost felt some sympathy towards the creeper as I watch it falling down, down into the abyss. This feeling was now shoved inside my heart and locked away when I saw the skeleton reloading its bow, looking at me with a fierce snarl, well, what I think a fierce snarl would look like if he was displaying it.

I vault myself upwards and climb on top of the side and stand up. The skeleton was aiming at me with one eye-socket closed.
My navy jacket was torn but I turn on my heel and start running. Now that I was in Minecraft some things from my skin had been put on me, like my blue jacket and my goggles. I still had my goggles on my forehead so I hadn't of lost those, actually, I didn't think I lost anything! Awesome! Expect the fact that a living, dead thing - the skeleton thing, was still chasing me.

My lungs now burned with fire, I wasn't used to running for my life but I had a feeling that doing this was something that was crucial to get used to. Now I was running through a forest, pushing my way through bushes, shrubs and small saplings. I was in a spruce forest, I could tell because the wood was dark brown, but not dark enough to be dark oak wood. Now my muscles were giving up the fight, slowing down as I tried my best to keep a steady breath.

'I can't keep running, I have to hide' I think.

I decide to crawl up a tall tree with many branches to balance on. The gnarly wood didn't help my already splintered hands as I scale the grown tree. I crawl up at least nine branches when I found a nice thick one and balance my body weight on-top of it. I sat in the pitch blackness, only able to see because my goggles had night vision.

I look to my left, then my right. Not a living soul... Or a dead one. I had lost the skeleton.

I smile a little bit. I was still torn up but not seriously injured. I needed to get to work. If I hadn't spent the whole time in La-la-land, I could of actually done something and not of been trapped under a creepers claws.

My whole body was atop the thick branch because I still had that childhood fear of the 'monster under the bed'. I guess that rule applied to a branch too. The silver moon is still in the sky, it's cold light raining down on anything it can see.
The foliage that surrounded me was thick, I could only see the moons light when I look on the dirt ground.
I use the moon as a nightlight and silently rock myself to a dreamless sleep.

==================================================================================Hi! I haven't done an authors note in most of the chapters... I just wanted to thank you for reading this! You can tell me how to make it better in the comments if you'd like! Add this to your library to see when I update the next chapter!

~~~Next chapter will be out in at least 5 day~~~