Chapter 13

Megatron POV

Fallen: Finally.

He mumbled, sitting on his throne inside my warship.

Fallen: We were never so close to restoring Cybertron as we are now. But something is not right.

Megatron: What do you mean? We are crushing their defenses. Victory is in our hands.

Fallen: Prime would never let it happen. They are taking losses without any worry. They have a Plan B.

I got a call on one of my screens and saw that it was from Shockwave, so I accepted.

Shockwave: Lord Megatron, the Autobots sent a hit squad to our base in the US. I killed all of them, but one managed to escape with the boy. They most likely headed back to Egypt.

Soundwave joined the call and added some information to it.

Soundwave: Air Raid was responsible for the attack on our base. He also attempted to head back to check on his comrades but I stopped him.

Megatron: A failed attack on our base? Prime is surely stacking up on his failures. Thank you Soundwave, keep patrolling the skies.

With a nod, Soundwave left the call, which only left Shockwave in the channel.

Megatron: Now, how is the merging and reconstruction working?

Shockwave: Considering that I was busy with fortifying our base, I've gotten quite far. I was able to merge and create a completely new Decepticon out of Knock Out, Bonecrusher, Blackout and Frenzy. His name is Grindor and he will join you in your fight tomorrow.

Megatron: Good. You and Soundwave continue to make me a proud leader. Hear you soon.

I ended the call and turned back to the Fallen.

Fallen: Proud leader? Do you have any idea how much losses we endured?

Megatron: We can create new Decepticons from the parts of our fallen soldiers, this makes us invincible.

Fallen: Can we reproduce at the same rate we're losing them? Remember how many Decepticons switched sides and joined the Autobots in the past years? You still weren't able to hunt them all down!

He yelled in anger as he slammed his fists on his throne.

Megatron: Traitors are everywhere, master. There's nothing that we could've done to prevent it.

Fallen: You call Starscream useless while you're even worse yourself. You have all this might and power and you can't even stop a few Autobots.

Megatron: A few? They have an army and the support of Earth's population.

Fallen: Has it become too difficult for you to defeat those insects? Are humans too strong for your army now?

Megatron: Army? As far as I know I only have a handful of soldiers that I can rely on. Barricade, Soundwave, Starscream and Shockwave. Although I'm not so sure about Starscream.

Fallen: Then you better make sure that this "Grindor" will do his job better than the owners of the scrap parts that he is made out of.

Megatron: Everyone is replaceable, master.

Fallen: Were you able to find a new medic?

Megatron: Yes, we have Flatline for that, Shockwave isn't too bad of a medic as well.

Fallen: I'd like to see him perform surgeries.

Megatron: He won't have to because there will be no injury on our side.

My ship began shaking as we felt impacts from outside.

Fallen: They are attacking the ship.

Megatron: That's impossible! They don't have anti air, and they also don't have jets!

Fallen: Bring us down to one of the pyramids, now.

Megatron: Then we will be in reach of their cannons.

Fallen: You were supposed to take care of their cannons days ago.

Megatron: I did, but there's still a chance that they have more than we know of.

Fallen: Then your ship will pay for your mistakes, now, bring us down!

I followed his order and lowered the ship so that we could just jump down to one of the pyramids.

I was standing outside and looked down at all the shooting beneath us.

The Autobots focused all their fire on the ship.

Then, I heard someone land behind me.

Starscream: Lord Megatron, your ship won't survive this much longer!

Megatron: Why are there still so many of them down there? We attacked them for so long and it had no use at all?!

I asked, getting mad at him for not doing his job properly.

Starscream: I-I attacked them the whole time, I did what you-

I grabbed him by his face and brought him closer to me.

Megatron: Don't lie to me, Starscream! You failed me as you always do!

Starscream: I did the attacks, I swear!

Megatron: Then why are there still so many of them down there?! It's a whole damn army!

Starscream: I told you they were more in numbers than we expected, I told you that!

Megatron: You did but you didn't tell me it was this many!

I yelled as I pushed him away and went back to looking down from the ship.

Megatron: Now there's no way we can win this battle!

Starscream: What about our Vehicons? We have plenty of them!

Megatron: Most of them have already died...for nothing it seems!

Starscream: We should send them all down and attempt to overrun them!

Megatron: Aren't you a smartass, Starscream? How are we supposed to overrun a whole army?! We will absorb the sun and retreat back to our base.

Starscream: Am I supposed to do anything right now, master?

Megatron: Yes. Gather a few soldiers and attack the top of the pyramids, I want them gone before our master attacks.

Starscream: Understood.

He confirmed, jumping off the ship and flying off while turning into a jet.

Fallen: It is time, Megatron.

Megatron: We will have to fly our way back to base ourselves. The ship is not going to pull through.

Fallen: Release all the Vehicons. Starscream was right, well, partly right at least. We cannot overrun them but we can send a swarm to distract them.

Megatron: As you wish.

I responded before giving out the command to deploy, which they did immediately.

The lower hatches of my ship opened and the Vehicons flew out, already in their jet form.

Fallen: I feel your doubt, Megatron.

Megatron: I expected much less Autobots.

Fallen: Our goal wasn't to defeat them in this battle, it was to absorb the Earth's Sun.

Megatron: Fine, then this is what we will do.

*Clank*

An iron hook hit my ship, when I looked down to see who that was, I saw a Combiner pulling on it.

Megatron: What?! They have a Combiner!

Fallen: What are you looking at you fool?! Jump down and take care of him before he brings our ship down!

He yelled before using his staff to push me over the edge of my ship and made me fall down.