Chapter 13:Hidden Room:

Rapture: 2:00pm

Everything was silent as Jacob was curled up in a small closet with Brianna pressed against his chest, both asleep. He knew he would be uncomfortable when he woke up due to sleeping in his armour but he was too jumpy to take it off.

"WAKEY WAKEY KIDS, TIME FOR THE AFTERNOON REPORT! THINGS HERE IN RAPTURE ARE SAME OLD SAME OLD, AND THE COLOUR OF THE DAY FOR THE LITTLE SISTERS IS PINK, THAT'S RIGHT, BRIGHT PINK!" Lev shouted, imitating a radio show host from the surface.

Jacob sprang up tossing Brianna off him, his ears ringing loudly. A little bit more and he would have gone deaf.

"Have you ever heard of being quiet?" Jacob hissed. Trying to control his anger and the urge to rip the radio out of his helmet, again.

"Had to wake you two up somehow." Red shrugged.

Brianna muttered something to herself before getting up off the floor. Opening the door she peeked outside before calmly closing the door a second later.

There were four Big Brothers outside...

"Aw man, now what are we going to do?" Brianna asked Jacob, they were trapped, one was bad enough he couldn't handle two. Taking out the map from his helmet on the floor, hoping it would provide him with an answer.

Scanning the map he saw there were ducts and airways shown on it as well as the general layout of the area. They could sneak through the ventilation system, the Brothers wouldn't notice.

Stuffing the map back into his helmet Jacob walked over to the vent in the corner of the room. The vent shaft was big enough he could crawl around inside it without scraping the sides, which meant the much smaller Bri would crawl through with little challenge. They must have been made before the Little Sisters or the upper parts of Rapture were built.

Squeezing inside Jacob crawled around the vent with Brianna behind him, until he saw a pair of glowing eyes staring back at him. As they crawled closer Jacob was able to identify them as belonging to a Little Brother. he wore a red shirt with light brown pants with shoulder straps and his black hair was cut short. The Little Brother just stared blankly at him.

"Huh?" Jacob asked dumbly. He didn't expect to see a little brother in rapture; he honestly expected all the boys on the ship to be made into Little Brothers.

he rolled his eyes and settled for waving his hand in the 'follow me' gesture.

"Okay." He shrugged and crawled after the Brother. He was fast since he was able to lean down and walk just like he would outside the vent. Following him for a minute or two more Jacob heard a voice, too muffled to understand the exact words. The Little Brother stopped and made a shushing motion before pointing down to an opening.

Crawling over Jacob and Brianna looked through the opening to find the same Big Brothers walking to what seemed like a vending machine.

"This job is so easy. All was have to do is protect some bratty little girls and sometimes their older, whinier sisters. If we're not doing that we can just slack off and do whatever we want!" the Brother in the front of the group cheered.

"Yeah. It helps that the Splicers are all afraid of us at this point. Just screech a little and they go running. So easy." One of the two in the middle bragged.

"So what are you guys gonna get?" The Brother in the back asked the group as he browsed through the vending machines.

"I need a refill on my bombs." The front brother answered.

"You always need a refill Bill, what do you do with 'em all?"

"None of your beeswax, that's what Wally."