Successes

I moved away from my desk, standing from my chair.
I should have had breakfast first and talk that out with my parents, opening the email together. That's right. I should calm a bit first.

Just like that, me and my family had breakfast. They were in a good mood, smiling. I've always admired them for being so easy-going. Even after everything that happened, they still accepted me as their own. I'm grateful to them forever.

They were chatting about how our neighbours should probably get their dog in their house at night, because it wouldn't stop barking.

I coughed, making them both turn to me. It made me smile a bit how they turned in an instant to check on me. I cleared my throat to speak. "So I've got the biggest news this morning."

They looked at me shockingly, looked at one another and then turned back to me again.

Mom contemplated on what she was about to say when she opened her mouth. "Wait, did you made it to that elite high school?" Mom said already hyped.

"No, no, but I got an email from the school. I mean, I didn't expect the results to come out so soon. That's why I'm inviting you, to read the results together. I haven't opened it yet." I scoffed at my last sentence.

"Oh our sweet, Eve. Come on little pumpkin." Dad said as he went to hug me, Mom also joining the hug. I hugged them tightly. I love them so much.

We got in my room. I sat on my desk, opening my laptop. I little sigh escaped my lips. I went in my mails app. I looked at them and they nodded. It's now or never.

I clicked on the email. I was stunned for a second there when I gasped. I stood up and started jumping hugging mom and dad.

"Yes! You made it sweetheart." Mom screamed happily.

"We never doubted once you won't be able to pass it. You're the best, Eve." Dad said jumping with me.

"It's all thanks to you guys." I said and settled down.

"I've gotta go, pumpkin. I'm so proud of you. We'll be rooting for you from now." Dad said patting my head.

"Thank you, dad. Be safe." I said to him.

"I will." He said as he left my room.

Mom crouched to me, as I was sitting on my chair, took both of my hands and said: "We'll always be here for you, my sweet Evelyn. Don't ever hesitate to come to us for anything." Mom said this, making me teary eyed.

I squeezed her hands and said: "Thank you so much, mom, I'm forever grateful I have you.

And just like that mom hurried to follow dad to send him off to work.

I leaned back my chair and started spinning on it. My hands were in the air and I couldn't stop laughing. I was so happy for some reason. I should be actually panicking by now, because I didn't know what to do from now on, but I first needed to calm myself down about it.

I felt the rush of emotions making me jump from my chair. I can't believe I did it. I actually had a pretty high result, which was even more surprising. I did a little winning dance and couldn't stop humming melodies to myself.

...

I decided to go out. I took a shower. Did a little skincare. Changed into loose jeans and a sweatshirt. I did my hair in a messy bun and grabbed the new tote bag mom gave me as a present and went out.

I loved walking. I was walking at the park. Seeing as a lot of people were out as well made me calm. Families were together on an outing. Their kids running around the dogs they brought with themselves, playing with them. The mother would call out for the dog and give it a treat every once and then. The kids grabbing more and more toys to play with. Couples were having small picnics. Hugging and enjoying themselves quietly. There was a guy that even proposed to a woman. What a wonderful moment. There was a small group of people forming around them, clapping. Guess she said "yes". Bikers were out, cycling. And jerks were jogging-

"Wait, what?!" I screamed in my head. Was that-was that, seriously the brat from school? No way! I'm probably starting to imagine things now that I know I would be probably seeing him more often, which I hopped to be false. I turned behind, looking at the running figure. I'm seeing things, it's confirmed.

I was finally at my destination: The library. My go-to safe place. As I entered welcomed by the smell of old, torn books, in sight my favourite lady, the librarian.

She smiled from ear to ear. When she saw me her face lit up. I did a little wave at her.

"Good morning, my dear. How have you been?" She greeted me when I got close enough to her.

"Good morning Mrs Barn. I've been well and you?"
I returned back.

"I'm good, I'm good. You know I'm all good when I'm here." She giggled. I would be too, if I was in her space.
The library is the most quiet, peaceful, wonderful place ever. I could stay here, reading forever. I could study here, sleep here and just live here. It really felt like home. It felt so cozy, knowing just by how many books, even older than Mrs Barn, were surrounding me. Protecting me. The library really made me feel safe, nice matter how surreal that sounds.

I went to the history related books section. I grabbed some books. I looked for a spot to spend the next two hours, reading.

...

I suppose I zoned out and fell asleep, because I found myself, still in the library, covered with a blanket. I turned around to see there was no one, just me. I guess I fell asleep while I was reading my book.

I felt so awkward, as I saw Mrs Barn chuckle by the sight of me, waking up.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" I said rustling my eyes.

"It's fine dear, don't you worry." Mrs Barn reassured me.

"You're staying overtime here, because of me." I said as a yawn escaped me.

She smiled brightly. "I found so calming, watching you sleep, my dear Evelyn, I couldn't wake you up."

I loved that woman with my whole heart. I collected all my stuff and made my way out. As I was at the door I turned and said: "Sorry and thank you for everything, Mrs Barn. I can't wait for the next time we'll meet again."

She waved with a sweet smile.

...

I was finally home. Mom welcomed me with a big grin on her face. She turned and picked some from behind here.

"Look what just came for you here!" She said happily.

It was a uniform. An elegant, neat, uniform with the logo of Crestwood high. I can't believe it. I can't believe I did. I was also able to have an amazing uniform, just like those kids. I made it y'all.

I picked the uniform. "It's beautiful."

Mom added "Very beautiful."

We had dinner, discussed me starting at Crestwood, enjoying every little conversation we had. They said I'll miss them. They will too.

I had a thorough shower. Did my skincare. Did a hair care routine. Brushed my teeth. Prepared my uniform and a backpack with it. I had an email with my school schedule, so I printed it out.

I was ready. I was all ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow was my first day at high school. And not just any ordinary high school. But a super elite one.