Quarrels

Entrance exams were coming up. All I wanted was to focus on my studies. I didn't want to disappoint my parents. I didn't went all the way to attend an elite high school, for me to slack in class and keep with my average results. I will change, just this once. So in the future I will be able to have a stable job and remain a simple and peaceful life.

I don't want to worry my dear parents. They were everything to me. There was nothing in life for me, as important, as them.

So, in such situations, you should just focus on your studies and not have your attention on some uncivilised freaks. They were just some spoiled brats, having money to the sky, not knowing what life was.

...

It was finally lunch break! I forgot to bring lunch. I signed, sadly.

"Awh man, I'm so sleepy! I felt as if I was gonna fall asleep. History is so... boring!" A girl from class said to another girl.

What an awful girl. That's just disrespecting our teacher and our past. History is one of my favourite subject.

"Ethan, wasn't history your favourite, though?" The girl asked him, as she was already roaming around his desk.

Well, nevermind, I don't like history anymore.

I just decided it was best for me to get out of the homeroom. I should go for a walk and have some fresh air.

Here I am. In front of the fountain in the front yard. I breathed in.

"It's so perfect." I said and breathed out.

I loved being around those green trees, look at the bright, blue sky. Feel the gentle sunlight on my skin, kissing my cheeks. Listening to the rustling leaves. I loved being alone. I always found weird, people that weren't able to go anywhere by themselves. I got used to be alone. I've always been. Now it's nothing new for me to be an outcast and I preferred it to be that way. I was calm, lost in thoughts when something suddenly occurred to me.

"Oh, shoot!" I said out loud and got up immediately.

I almost forgot! Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot. This is so messed up. I forgot I'm staying after class. Ugh... this can't be happening! How did I forget?

I had to stay after class, so I can attend the appointment with the school psychologist. And with the fucking jerk, as well. I told my parents, I was going to be home early! What am I going to say now? They would be disappointed, for sure. Mom, dad, I'm sorry I lied to you. I'm so sorry!

It was time for me to head to class.

I'm so screwed over. And it's all because of that shithead. I banged on the table with one hand, as I thought it was all his fault. I'm never getting involved with that guy, ever again. I only suffer around such people like him. It's no good for me.

"Wilson, you gon' hit the karaoke with us after class, right?" A loud whisper was heard. It was Jack. You know, the blonde guy I met on my first day? The playboy of the class, I guess.

"Nah dude, I've got plans." It was the brat who got asked and answered. Why does anybody bother with him? It's as if everyone is trying to be liked by him or to be on his good side. Like I know he's an attention seeker, for sure. Just the opposite of me. But I didn't care much.

...

All the classes for the day were finally over! Whew, one thing down. It was time for another task of the day, that wasn't as pleasant. Let's just get this done with.

I stood up and made my way out of the classroom. As I nearly reached out the door, someone popped in front of me, out of nowhere.

"You again?" It was the girl from earlier, that was demanding my seat was hers.