Chapter 1 : the tragedy of prosperity: deadly life : part 5

Investigation

"AHHHH!!" I screamed I couldn't believe what I was seeing Reko's dead body lying on the floor... then I heard shiro slowly walking up behind me "oh.. well this is where things get interesting..." and then I heard the announcements

Ding dong ding ding!

"A body has been discovered! Everyone, please report to the electrical room immediately" said kumeko

Ding dong ding ding.

Soon everyone arrived to the electrical room I didn't pay attention to what they where saying I just knew they where shocked but most importantly I was shocked I couldn't think the killing game has started my friend, Reko has died? And people are going to think I killed her because I tried to kill shiro as long as she doesn't tell I'll be okay but who could be the killer? But at least my brother was safe I didn't have to worry about him anymore...

And out of the group Kai said "okay everyone I know we might be very shocked about Reko's death and I am too but if we all wanna live we have to find out who for killer is if not for yourself Reko so we need to investigate and search for clues" and violet said "well I guess but I'm not touching her body! It's too.. gross!" And toru said "I will I'm a surgeon I've been around bodies I'll tell you if I see anything and Kai said "okay good that is resolved well everyone spilt up and look for clues I know we all want to live!" And I thought yea..l I need to get myself together I want to live and if I want to I need to begin this investigation... for Reko and for us to live! And even if that means following and playing this killing games cruel rules...

Investigation : start

I began to first look around the electrical room I found that the electrical vent has been taken off both sides, indoor and outside of the room and I also found a bloody knife next to Reko's body most likely that is what caused the slit on Reko's neck tho where could have this knife come from? and then looking at Reko's body I have already had a note about the bloodly slit on her neck but her eyes where blood shot and wide open strange I thought...

And it seemed like I had found everything useful in the electrical room so I decided to leave and look on the other side of the vent that was open and I found a cleaning cart? Yea their was a cleaning cart starting right outside of the open vent and I looked on the cleaning cart and it seemed like everything on it from the supplies to towels was taken off the only thing still on it was the sheet covering the under section of the cart and I looked under the sheet and saw that their was a pool of dry blood on it and in the blood was bubbles? It was very strange and what was it doing like this in the grass next to the vent strange?

Then I decided to leave their and I decided to check the medical office where toru had stitched me up and noticed that their was an open cabinet and I looked in the cabinet and their was many bottles of medicine knocked over and broken and conveniently I asked toru "hey was the room like a mess like this when you came and brought me in here?" And he said "no! It was all just like this broken and torn up when I came in you must have not noticed when you woke up because you where probably very confused but yes it was just like this I only moved a couple things to stitch up and clean your leg" and I said "oh that's strange" and he said "yea it is..."

and I took note of that and headed off and yuki came up to me and said "hey I would watch out for tsumugi" and I said "oh well.. why?" And he said "well if you remember she brought out drinks earlier and if you look at Reko's body her eyes are blood shot it could mean she was posiened" and I said "well okay if you say so I'll go look at the drinks" and I headed over to the plate of drinks that tsumugi had handed out and they looked all to be the same color nothing pit of the ordinary and I headed over to where me and Reko where sitting on the beach earlier and I remembered I had drank mine and her drink so that can't be possible?

But just in case I looked around the kitchen in the cafe where tsumugi was making drinks and food earlier to see if I found anything out of the ordinary and I saw a empty glass left out on the table strange it's just I thought tsumugi had cleaned up everything after she was done but I guess not? And then I decided to look around some more and I found the oven trays taken out and laying on the floor what happened here and then I opened the oven and their where Blood stains inside of it but the oven was very cold like it hadn't been used in a while strange?

Just then I heard a sound over the intercom

Ding dong ding ding!

"Everyone please report to the main center room immediately oh and stay away from the middle the trial will take place shortly!"

Ding ding ding ding.

A trail I thought was I really ready for this the killing game was reslly getting real soon in the trial we would decide our fates if that is we die or live another day here... but I will find out this culprit and I will survive I won't die here... but to think the culprit is one of us 15 is hard to imagine but I need to be able to accept it if I want to survive here so then I left the kitchen and headed to the center room and kumeko said to stay away from the center? What did she mean by that? And then eventually all 15 of us arrived and the center of the room opened we all steps back quickly! Then out of the hole in the middle came a circular elevator the doors opened and their was a sign that said "trial"

I knew this had to be the elevator taking us to the trial what would it look like? Not like that mattered me need to find this killer so then everyone entered the elevator and it slowly descended farther and farther into the ground I noticed mostly everyone getting more worried the farther we got down but shiro was just standing in the corner smiling what was wrong with her!? That didn't matter now we needed to find this culprit and eventually the elevator doors opened into the trial room it was a circular room with 16 podiums in the middle in a circle and a golden throne in the back on a pedestal for kumeko to watch us and the trial room was very glamorous with tiled floors and their where massive window out looking the ocean I saw fish and animals swimming by us we where at the bottom of the sea why would kumeko put a trial room here?

And kumeko said "so what do you think it's pretty glamorous right? Don't you love it?" No one spoke to her "giving me the silent treatment huh rude!" We ignored her as we all walked into our podiums leaving one empty podium where a picture of Reko was put on a wooden pole where she would have stood and it was time for the dreaded trial to begin it was time... for the trial of life and death to start...

15 remain...