Chapter 7

The mere fact that tears were not shed or I didn't collapse to the ground deserved praise, but there was no one to acknowledge it. As I hesitated, the Resin began to approach people. The slime that had fallen to the ground gradually spread, melting the asphalt.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah!"

"Save me!"

It was best for this species to flee before it adapted to Earth. However, not everyone can handle sudden situations well. While some were safely escaping even now, others, paralyzed by fear, found themselves exposed to danger as their legs weakened.

"If you're scared, how about leaving this place?"

Alone, Kang Gwon-hu asked me. I wanted to nod immediately.

But.

[Skill "Future Reading Lv1" has been activated!]

As if to stop me, the skill activated automatically. Events that would unfold in the future unfolded before me like a scroll.

〈Get out of the way!〉

A large man in a school uniform pushed aside a young boy in his path.

〈Ah...!〉

Pushed by that force, the boy collided with the Resin's poison, screaming in agony. The horrific smell of burning flesh spread in the space. The cries, mixed with screams, gradually diminished. The boy, who had just entered middle school, became the first victim of this gate opening.

"Gasp."

The quickly passing image disappeared from sight in an instant. Nevertheless, the boy's scream remained vivid in my ears. As someone who knew the game's story, I was aware that this future reading had truly become a reality.

"Mr. Baek Woojin?"

With trembling hands, I opened the inventory window. I had already entered Baek Woojin's body, and such incidents would continue to occur.

[Summoning a B-grade item, the Blue Light Sword.]

The sword that appeared in my hand was more solid than I had anticipated, and my shoulders dropped as it thudded to the ground.

"Are you going to fight with hands shaking like that?"

Kang Gwonhoo asked with a tone of pure curiosity rather than concern.

'Kang Gwonhoo is right. This is just a world inside a game. That kid is just a character.'

"Get out of the way!"

However, the moment the future I had read unfolded into reality, my instinct propelled my body forward. I really didn't want to smell the scent of burning human flesh.

"What's that?"

Kang Gwonhoo's voice, somewhat bewildered, lingered in my ears.

* * *

I decided to slightly revise my assessment of Baek Woojin, whom I had thought pitiful. Facing these monsters and being able to engage in combat while showing off was indeed a remarkable courage.

'It's harder to swing than I thought.'

Despite having both the ability and skills intact, the sword I held did not move as smoothly as I had imagined. Regret surged, thinking that I should have practiced yesterday at least.

"Are you okay?"

I stood with a sword in front of the fallen child. I wanted to ask coolly, but unfortunately, my voice trembled pathetically.

"Uh, ugh, sob...."

Regrettably, the child only clung to the leg stained with slime, shedding tears. With just a slight touch, the injury was so deep that the bones were faintly visible. It was a pity that if he were a hunter who had manifested even one skill, he wouldn't have been injured to this extent.