Chapter 16

"Did you read up to there?"

No matter how ghost-like this man may be, he shouldn't be able to read my mind.

"Do you have any items you want to include, Mr. Kang Gwonhoo?"

"It was you, Mr. Woojin, who wanted visible evidence. Money is just a small amount to consider."

I bit down the question, 'Then why the hell are you coming into my guild?' The words I'm holding back from this man could compose an entire thesis.

"Still, without any compensation, there could be problems later due to an unfair contract."

Kang Gwonhoo might not do that, but spreading the contents of this contract could lead to rumors of an unscrupulous guild.

"You are quite sincere."

The momentarily paused fingers tapped the desk again. It was a habit that surfaced when he didn't want to hide that he was assessing something.

"Then, after each task the guild requests and I complete, allow me to question Mr. Baek Woojin. However, if there is a valid reason you cannot answer, respond with 'I cannot answer that question.' Of course, I don't think you will conscientiously give that response every time."

This was a point even I found troubling. After all, I wanted to join the guild I was creating in the first place.

'But what's the big deal about answering a few questions? If it seems like my identity will be revealed, I can always say I can't answer.'

Revealing my identity would be problematic for safety reasons, so this was a reasonable excuse. It was better for me to have a better understanding of how much information Kang Gwonhoo had discovered.

"Alright, let's go with that. The final clause is, if a situation arises where Mr. Kang Gwonhoo must leave our guild, he can withdraw at any time. However, he must promise to keep guild-related information confidential. Failure to do so will result in the leakage of his personal information."

"Yes, it's the foundation of a guild contract."

Aside from the fact that it's a blood contract and one or two items, it almost matched a standard guild contract. It was even more advantageous for us.

"Now, just a few drops of blood will do. It's not a matter of life and death, and the items are simple, so blood alone is enough."

He casually took out a knife and pricked his own finger. He didn't flinch or frown. In comparison, I...

'It won't cut too deep, right?'

I cautiously eyed the knife like someone offering their hand for a handshake for the first time.

"Shall I do it for you?"

Perhaps me staring at the knife was frustrating for Kang Gwonhoo; he reached out his hand. Rather than struggling nervously, it seemed better to ask him for help. Although I did hand my hand over, the fear hadn't completely disappeared. As evidence, my hand in his was still trembling quite noticeably.

"Is this scary for you?"

The knife passed fleetingly. I didn't feel much pain, but blood dripped steadily from my thinly cut hand. As expected, Kang Gwonhoo's skill in handling tools was extraordinary.

"Normally, cutting your hand on paper is scarier than experiencing great pain."

Spitting out these words, I realized he was a superhuman who could remain calm, whether cutting his hand on paper or stepping on a Lego. In fact, it was a relief as long as the Lego didn't shatter into pieces.