Chapter 1

If you want to choose the most trending game right now, it's undoubtedly 'Two Choices.' Even if you were asked to pick the most criticized game simultaneously, it would still be 'Two Choices.'

'Two Choices' is an RPG game created by 'Raity,' one of the top three game companies in Korea, with the theme of hunters commonly seen in fantasy. The story revolves around a gate that suddenly opened 30 years ago, a system that gradually integrated into people's lives, and a protagonist fighting against enemies. The game's uniqueness, as suggested by its name, lies in giving players the 'faction choice' to decide whether to follow the protagonist's side of the story or the enemy's side, gathering attention even before its release.

After its release, 'Two Choices' not only gained praise for its unique structure but also captured the top spot on the app store with its dazzling effects, diverse game characters and illustrations, and natural motions. Gamers, who were struggling amid the abundance, clung to 'Two Choices' and became fervent fans. At first.

The problems of 'Two Choices,' which rapidly gained a large user base and dominated the charts, emerged less than two months after its release. This was because, during gameplay, it became clear that the in-game purchases were no joke.

Even the package deals released with each update increasingly highlighted this fact. The resources given as events gradually decreased, and as players raised their characters, the emphasis on gacha increased. Despite this, people found it hard to let go of the characters they had already built up, and with the story being reasonably entertaining, complaints started piling up. That was also the reason why the 'Two Choices' community was always ablaze.

One year after its release... on the internet, 'Two Choices' had become a notorious game.

Are there still fools spending money on it?

Haha, that's me, damn it.

I boasted about being free-to-play, but now I'm completely hooked.

Hey, can't someone explode our guild in Two Choices?

I'm the guild master...

Damn, because of that sense of responsibility, I'm spending money, but I wish everyone would just leave.

It's rational to not consider opportunity costs and just spend recklessly.

But I was an irrational person.

Damn you, Raity.

What did you make?

Does it make sense that you have to succeed in three consecutive gacha pulls to get one item labeled as three-star?

Aren't they crazy, seriously?

Other gamers reached the point of mocking 'Two Choices' players, saying that the game company won't change as long as they continue playing. Nevertheless, I was one of the persistent players.

The initial reason I started playing this game recklessly was because my younger brother, Seo Go-gyeol, participated in the planning phase. I didn't have the goal, like others, to strengthen my guild to maintain a ranking. I prioritized the story and was the type of person who wouldn't be satisfied unless I explored every route. Particularly, I had almost seen all the stories related to 'Baek Woojin', the older brother of the protagonist 'Baek So-hyuk.'

'Which means the protagonist's family is a villain.'

Although the protagonist Baek So-hyuk and the antagonist Baek Woojin were not blood-related, they became brothers due to their parents' remarriage.