Chapter 18

'I'm hungry. When will the delivery arrive?'

In an attempt to conserve energy, I focused on a TV program that introduced restaurants without even blinking.

Beep, beep.

The front door opened, and Baek Soohyuk walked in. Regret surged through me, wishing I had quietly waited in the room until the food arrived. He glanced at me and immediately opened the fridge.

'Is he inspecting whether I ate? I didn't, you rascal.'

Well, it would be quite surprising and awkward if someone who usually doesn't eat a meal at home suddenly rummages through the fridge to cook with what he bought.

Ding-dong.

The bell rang at the perfect time.

- Delivery!

Baek Soohyuk alternated between looking at me and the intercom, then sighed and abruptly closed the fridge door with a bang.

'Could he also have planned to eat, but didn't want to eat at the same table with me? I can eat in my room, though.'

It's not like I lack the ability to tell someone to eat at the table. I didn't want to imagine what considerate words might turn into unpleasant remarks.

'Silence is golden. Seriously.'

Trying to make as little noise as possible, I quickly moved to the entrance and received the food. The delivery person quickly handed over the food and disappeared. The cat, perched on my shoulder, seemed to have caught a whiff of the fish and was excitedly wagging its tail against my back.

"Is it okay for you to follow me outside like this?"

Ignoring my question, the cat didn't even acknowledge hearing it, instead sticking its paw into the plastic bag containing the food.

'Seems like Baek Soohyuk has already gone back to his room. Can I really repair my relationship with that kid? Maybe I should have given him the letter earlier.'

However, my contemplation was interrupted by the growling of my hungry stomach.

'Even without a letter, there must be another way to convey that I don't hold any ill feelings towards him.'

After confirming whether the fish had been salted, I placed the fish in front of the cat. After that, the meal seemed to have passed in a blur, and when I checked the clock, only 15 minutes had passed since I had started eating.

"I'm full."

I cleaned up the traces of my meal and neatly arranged the food Baek Soohyuk had bought before knocking on the door.

"What?"

Baek Soohyuk, who finally came out with a blunt answer, had a towel on his head, as if he had just taken a shower, and was not even wearing a top. As his perfectly toned muscles appeared before my eyes without warning, I closed my eyes without realizing it.

'Sure, he's confident about his body, but is it okay for him to flaunt it like this in front of others?'

Although formally addressed as brothers, we weren't really true siblings. Moreover, he declared that he would treat me as an outsider. If he continues like this, it might not be good. I found myself deeply pondering.

"Why did you call me and not say anything?"

A hint of irritation tinged his voice. Thanks to that, I snapped out of my thoughts and gestured towards the kitchen.

"What?"

Seeing Baek Soohyuk walking out in response to my gesture, he immediately entered my room. He glanced in my direction when he saw the dining table, but he stayed there; I had a feeling that if he lingered, I wouldn't be able to keep quiet.