Chapter 12

"Where did you see it?"

It was only after saying it that I realized it could be interpreted as if I had been following her.

"Uh, it was a curry restaurant in Hongdae. There's also a place around there that recruits hunters; are you familiar with it?"

Ryu Jisoo, who had been leaning back, shifted somewhat forward.

"That's right. I did work there last week. Only for three days, though."

"While serving, I saw you break a plate with the strength of your fingers."

Of course, I hadn't seen it firsthand. However, my detailed description was enough to make Ryu Jisoo believe that I had indeed been there.

"If we've coincidentally met like this, could it be fate? I can teach you how to handle basic skills and recommend classes. Moreover, if you need money, working as a hunter might be better than part-time jobs."

Some skills could be used intuitively and others that were more challenging to handle. Ryu Jisoo's main and first manifested skill was simple, but it required more finesse and proficiency than one might think.

'It's called [Descendant of Giants].'

Using that skill significantly increased strength, and it was also possible to convert magical power into physical strength.

Since it was originally a skill manifested by giant races, it could be burdensome for Ryu Jisoo, who possessed a human physique.

"Fate sounds grandiose."

Although Ryu Jisoo spoke like that, she was leaning towards me, contemplating without me noticing. I decided to give her some time to think.

"Let's go into a restaurant for a moment. Don't worry; I'll take you to an open place with lots of people."

Ryu Jisoo was quiet as we moved. There was no evidence for her to trust me, but the determination to grasp at straws was evident.

"Is it possible to receive an advance payment if I join the guild right away? Actually, there's something I urgently need to acquire."

The item Ryu Jisoo wanted was a type of detox potion specifically for snake venom. It seemed urgent, likely because her sibling was bedridden due to snake venom. It wasn't a common snake but a venomous 'snake' from a different race, making it impossible to treat at a regular hospital.

Since there weren't many cases of people getting poisoned by snake venom, the supply of detox potions was limited. However, demand and supply roughly matched, so it wasn't excessively expensive.

'As long as it meets the hunter's standards.'

For ordinary people, finding a route to obtain such a unique potion was difficult, making it easy for scams to happen.

"How long do you need it for?"

"By next week."

It seemed more urgent than I thought. With Ryu Jisoo's current information, it seemed like that would be the fastest time to find a seller.

"How much do you need?"

It felt like I was becoming a shady dealer, but not asking would be even more suspicious.

"It was originally 40,000 diamonds. But when I asked again recently, the price had gone up to 50,000 diamonds. I don't know how to handle it because, without being a hunter, it's challenging to obtain diamonds. And if I want to pay in cash, I have to pay even more, making it practically impossible."

She was quite an unscrupulous dealer. The urgency was evident, and her audacity grew visible when she saw an opportunity.

"If I assist you with that, would you believe me and join the guild?"