Chapter 11

The cat that had climbed onto my stomach was tapping my nose and mouth with its paws. It seemed like the reason I couldn't breathe in my dream was that the cat briefly covered my nose.

"Did you really try to kill me?"

The cat licked my hand as if asking what the problem was.

'Guess I'll let it slide since it's cute.'

When I sat up, the cat smoothly descended to the floor. The status window had been ringing loudly since morning. Judging by the red 'i' shape flashing, it seemed to be related to Baek Woojin personally.

Sigh.

With one hand covering my mouth to stifle a yawn, and the other opening the status window.

[Achieved specific conditions and tamed the monster 'Catdragon' of the Homunculus type. Skill "Beast Tamer Lv1" has been activated.]

This was a skill that Baek Woojin didn't have when playing the game. I glanced at the meowing cat circling around me and, and with trembling fingers, pressed the character information window.

[Checking information on 'Baek Woojin (Seo Han-gyeol)'.]

[Name: Baek Woojin (Seo Han-gyeol)

Age: 23 (29)

Title: Exemplar of A younger brother better than the older brother.' (Persistent Player)

Skills: "*** Lv99," "Moonlight Swordsmanship Lv35," "Weapon Adaptation Lv30," "Spear Swordsmanship Lv30," "Thunder's Protection Lv28," "Future Reading Lv1," "Skill Theft Lv1," "Beast Tamer Lv1 (New)"

Traits: Possession, Pioneer

Abnormal Conditions: Inferiority Complex, Late Eighth-grade syndrome

Assimilation Rate: 10%]

There were two changes from before.

The appearance of the "Beast Tamer" skill and an increase in the 'Assimilation Rate' from 5% to 10%.

'Why did the assimilation rate go up?'

There were many things captured. Living and fighting with Baek Woojin's body, some parts had definitely become more familiar than before. So the first hypothesis was that this assimilation rate increased as I used Baek Woojin's body more.

'Thinking about it, the dream was strange too.'

Dreaming about Baek Woojin's past, which I had never seen before, was also strange. The second hypothesis was that the assimilation rate had increased by stealing Baek Woojin's memories.

'If it's the first hypothesis, it's not bad. It means I can gradually use Baek Woojin's body more freely. In the second case, it might be troublesome.'

And the skill name hidden by *** also bothered me. Judging by the level, it seemed related to me killing Baek Woojin a hundred times while playing...

Meow.

The cat, lost in thought, was headbutting me and making a fuss.

"Are you hungry?"

First, I should feed this little one and then think. I went to the kitchen and grilled fish, just like yesterday. The cat was enthusiastically singing a song with meows.

"So cute."

What I had only thought in my mind came out of my mouth.

'Come to think of it, I'm hungry too.'

After feeding my companion monster, my stomach rumbled, probably due to the smell of food. I took out soy milk and salad from the refrigerator and set them on the table.