Chapter 10

"Let's make a plan."

I spoke aloud, diverting my attention elsewhere. I took out a notebook I had purchased along with letter paper from my inventory and briefly recorded today's events.

"This seems really hopeless."

The plans I had conceived were already all blocked. Even a chess piece in checkmate wouldn't feel as desperate. Creating a peaceful guild was already a distant dream.

'Since things turned out like this, wouldn't it be faster to find someone to protect me? Among game characters, some were kind and maintained neutrality in the early stages. If I offer what they need, they might feel favorably and join my guild.'

As childish and simplistic as it sounded, it was acceptable. If I thought hard enough, there were probably more characters I could help in this world than I initially assumed.

'If we do this, wouldn't we be able to build a bond and become a friendly guild, except for Kang Gwonhoo?'

I listed quests and events I remembered on the note, arranging them chronologically. Upon reviewing, I realized that merely solving immediate problems wouldn't be enough for me to live peacefully in this world. There were bigger issues ahead.

'No, let's focus on creating a good guild first. Then we can develop strategies for the upcoming major events.'

This time, listing the events that revealed the characters' pasts made me see what needed to be done immediately.

Tap, tap.

A sound, reminiscent of raindrops hitting the window, repeated. I tried to ignore it to concentrate on organizing, but the persistent noise became too bothersome.

"It can't be Baek Soohyuk, and Kang Gwonhoo wouldn't have come to my room. Who could it be..."

Outside the window, there was a brownish cat. The cat, which seemed slightly plump, had a skilled manner of tapping on the window.

"Did you come to get something to eat?"

The unexpected visitor was so adorable that I couldn't pretend not to see.

Meow.

It seemed like the perfect timing for it to cry out in response to my question.

"So cute."

It was an involuntary reaction.

Meow.

"Come in for a moment."

Although there was nothing suitable for a cat in my inventory, I was worried it might be disappointed if I left it outside. When I opened the window, the cat came in confidently, as if it owned the place.

"Just wait a moment."

However, the cat, who couldn't understand words, followed me to the refrigerator.

'I wonder if it's doing this because it wants something?'

Even considering that, it seemed to be following me quite well, making me shrug my shoulders. When I took out a fish from the refrigerator and put it on the frying pan, the cat joyfully acted as if it were singing.

"Just wait a bit."

Suddenly, it jumped onto the table and lightly touched my hand, which was not an ordinary action.

Sizzle.

However, this cozy and leisurely moment was short-lived. The sound of rustling from outside might have been the reason, as Baek Soohyuk furrowed his brow, opened the door, and stepped out.