ch 2

𝘖𝘩, he thought. 𝘚𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮... But still, he looked down at his hands, and clenched them into fists.

It wasn't just any dream.

It had been a dream of a memory, a terrible one at that. He sighed, before getting up. He pulled his red woolly jumper over his head, comforted by its soft fabric. He stretched out his arms and wings, noticing that his wings' colour had started to fade from the feathers at the ends of his wings. 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘶𝘱. He decided to push it back, and that he would do it later.

As soon as he finished getting ready, he walked on the path outside of his and Pearl's part of the gigabase, but noticed a wild Mumbo flying towards him.

"Grian!" He yelled as he landed. Grian locked eyes with Mumbo's radiant, emerald-green ones, surrounded by golden, potato skin, and resting atop it, his beautifully luscious mustache. As though reading his admiring thoughts, he began stroking his mustache. Though, admittedly, he stroked it in the same manner as an evil villain.

"Have you been inside of the peace treaty room, like, have you been doing anything over there?" Grian took a moment to pause and got lost in the gaze of Mumbo's glowing orbs, before coming back to his senses and asking with a questioning tone: "The peace treaty?"

"Yeah, remember the tree-ty? The, the, the tree war? It seems like ages ago now but remember-"
"It was a long time ago, no I-("Yeah, it is!")- haven't been there since I signed it.
"Right, well, I don't know what's happened to it. I think we should probably go and check it out?" He suggested, pointing towards the general direction of the peace treaty room, using his hand that had previously been stroking his glorious mustache.

The two of them perambulated with haste to where it was, and once they had trudged their way to the stairs that declined ominously into the depths that had been where they had signed peace with eachother, they stopped in front of the mess contained inside the chamber, showing signs of struggle.

Grian noticed the magenta sign, and slowly stepped towards it, before stopping and reading aloud:

"Danger is near, in fact, it's here...?" He turned around to look at Mumbo in confusion that he expected to be mirrored, but was taken aback in shock when he saw Mumbo's arm gravitating towards a stone button, hidden on the stone brick wall.

His fist made contact with it speedily, and Grian, feeling betrayed and shocked, looked underneath him, before the floor beneath his feet was taken away, and he fell.