ch 6

Grian was flying around, admiring his work, as he had just made some further progress on his base. Well, that wasn't the real reason. The real reason was because Mumbo had asked him to meet him on the gigabase, which was not very specific, as as the name suggests, the base was, well, giga. Eventually, Grian spotted him standing next to one of his brand-new bridges, stroking his lush, alluring moustache with one hand, and his other hand behind his back.

"Ah, Grian." He said through his magnificently marvellous moustache. "I need to talk to you about something."

"Yeah, what's up?" He replied, calmly. Mumbo began walking towards and across the bridge. Grian, feeling forced to, followed him.

"Your waffle is hideous" He said. "It is absolutely terrible, it looks horrendouse, and the fact that you are a waffle, and have subsequently made ME a waffle, is pathetic-" Mumbo continued his litany about his everlasting despise of waffles.

Grian was in shock. He could barely feel his legs moving to keep up with Mumbo, and it was as though he had lost control of his body, but that it was still conscious without him. Mumbo's voice sounded muffled compared to the voices and thoughts and demons in his voice and yet it was so LOUD and it was screeches and shrieks that filled and fuelled his thoughts and they were screaming and it was loud it was so loud just stop please oh my god make it stop just make it stop just make it fucKING STOP STOP STOP "STOP!" he yelled, covering his ears with his hands and his parrot-like wings on the side of his head.

Mumbo stared at him, startled. He looked at him in distress. He knew that he was a yucky waffle and not a delicious freshly baked slice of warm, brown bread, but, had he always had those wings next to his ears? And... were those eyes on his hands?! Mumbo gulped as he realised a possibility.

Would he himself have those things... those... orbs of amethyst irises and lavender scleras, staring directly into his stolen soul? He couldn't bare to think about it. Although, in his opinion, while being a waffle was bad enough, anything was better than being a waffle. Even if it has really weird eyes. And the best possible thing to be or have is the baked good known as bread.

Mumbo had become speechless and had stopped speaking of how terrible waffles were, even though he himself had a waffle now, and had been complaining right in front of the very person who had been suppressed, and hated, for having that very thing and being proud of it since forever.

Tears rolled down from Grian's face and starting dripping onto the floor. "WHY CANT YOU JUST ACCEOT ME GOR EHO I AM?!?!!" he screamed. "SO WHAT IF I HAVE A WAFFLE. NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME. I'LL-" he paused to choke out a sob.

"I'll never be good enough for you, will I?" he muttered. "And... and you don't accept me as a waffle. You never did, did you?" mumbled Grian.

"well THIS IS WHO I TRULY AM! A WAFFLE! NOT BREAD, BUT WAFFLE!1!!1 AND IT IS JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AND TASTY, IF NOT MORE!!1"

A tune slowly built up around them from an unseen force, matching the anger that had been built up inside him over years and years.

He burst into song.

"THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG.
TAKE BACK MY LIFE SONG.
PROVE IM ALRIGHT SOOOOOONG
MY POWERS TURNED ON
STARTING RIGHT NOW ILL BE STRONG
ILL PLAY MY FIGHT SOOONG
AND I DONT REALLY CARE IF NOBODY ELSE BELIEEEEEEVES
'CAUSE IVE STILL GOT A LOT OF FIGHT KEFT IN ME!!!!!!!!!!"

Grian transformed into his superduperultramegagiga final half demon half angle half parrot half chicken (not poultry man though. Nobody knows who he is.) third cat 16/53 skeleton quarter horse part racecar full waffle no bread half watcher form mid chorus, and Mumbo had bent down on his knees and was loudly ugly crying in apology.

"PLEASE FORGIVE ME, IM SO SORRY, WAFFLES ARE AMAZING AND QUIRKY SILLY GOOFY. PLEASE TAKE ME BACK STACY. PLEASE ILL DO ANYTHING (except diss bread) PLSS DO NOT USE YOUR SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALADOCIOUS Y/N MC OC POWERS ON ME."

"Don't worry." Grian smiled, wiping a tear from his eye. He extended his hand out to Mumbo on the floor. Mumbo took it and, in one swift motion, Grian swept Mumbo off his feet and into the air and, using his barbie ken dreamhouse waffle baking set for kids powers, ejected him off of his own rope bridge. He was not the impostor, for he was not suspicious, but sustainable. Some say his screams can still be heard from his armchair mountain today.

The two watchers watched from afar, because they are watchers who watch, as that is what watchers who watch do. One was chewing on a piece of bread. "what the fuck," the one not eating bread said. "this needs more bread," said the bread eating watcher who watches.