Pilot

We're the Pogues, and our mission is to have a good time, all the time.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Said Pope holding up a drill aiming it towards the young man balancing with his heels on the edge of an open gable roof. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival".

"Hm" John B let's out before licking his finger testing the wind. "Should I do it?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, jump. I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?" John B let out a silent laugh.

"Yep" Pope stated expressing reassurance.

"Pow" making a finger gun pointing it at Pope.

Walking towards Popes direction complaining about the new construction house Kiara whines "oh my god they're going to have Japanese toilets with towel warmers. Towel warmers. Ridiculous." Looking up she sees her surroundings and spots John B. "Can you please not kill yourself?"

Behind her Cassie follows looking towards the group examining the situation. "Really testing the can't kill a Pogue saying right now, aren't you?" The brunette laughs squinting her eyes towards the boy.

Sitting on the edge of the roof with his legs dangling JJ looks up at his best friend "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one".

Looking down John B looses focus on his surrounding until his grip around the beer can loosens with the sound of it hitting the floor making him enter back into reality. "Whoa! Oh shit."

"Of course you did. Smooth" JJ scoffs in an annoyed tone. "Right when I tell not to drop it what do you do".

"A-plus" Cassie claps.

"Dumbass" Kiara says rolling her eyes.

Attempting to catch the groups attention Pope starts to yell "Hey! Hey, uh, security's here".

Turning to see security pulling up their golf cart in the drive way John B tells his friends "let's wrap it up. Boys are early today."

"Let's give them an extreme workout today then" Cassie exclaims excitedly.

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll" JJ screams.

"Yeah. Let's go, guys" Kiara smirks.

Laughing hysterically the group all bolt through the house dodging tools and scaffolds around them.

"Gary, is that you?" JJ asks a security guard.

Running out of the building Pope and JJ jump over the houses fence and jump into the Twinkie.

"Wait guys slow down looks like Gary gunnin' for a raise, come on Gary" JJ laughs holding up a beer can for Gary to reach to.

"Hey! you get back here you little pricks, slow down" Gary yells.

"He's on the verge on having a heart attack" Kiara warns JJ.

"He's alright" JJ reassures looking back at Gary "your so close come on you can do it sweetheart, run a little faster your nearly there."

Pope looks over to the two "they don't pay you enough, bro. JJ you might need to stop".

"You know what I'm feeling nice to today here you go Gary" JJ says whilst throwing the beer for the poor old man. "Enjoy it! Bye" he yells dragging the last word and shutting the Twinkie door.

The teens all laugh as they drive off through the island.

———————————————————————————

John B's pov:

The Outer Banks, paradise on Earth.

It's the sort of place where you either have to jobs or two houses.

Two tribes, one island.

Passing through all the rich, luxurious houses and cocky, self centred teens is the home of the Kooks aka Figure eight.

Then there's the south side or the cut. Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters.

The natural habitat of... drumroll, please...

... the Pogues.

That's us, me, JJ, Pope, Kiara and Cassie.

We're known as the lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected.

But the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

So let's count up the crew...

First we got JJ, my best friend since third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheater.

Then there's Kiara, or Kie, as we call her. When not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not really sure why though. So, she's a rich kid, actually. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow for tourists. You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us. We all have a thing for her, expect for Cassie of course, all she does is make fun of Pope, JJ and I for basically drooling over her.

Then there's Pope, the brains of the operation... finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person I know. Little bit of a weirdo. His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you want on this island Heyward can get for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

Then last but certainly not least is Cassie the most fearless girl I know, also known as the hottest girl in the Outer Banks, making JJ kinda have a thing for her too. She's the most sarcastic and funny person in the group besides JJ don't tell him I said that either. I don't think her dad likes us either but as a cop who constantly has to hear about a group of sixteen year olds doing a bunch of illegal shit I probably wouldn't like me either. As for her mom she is the best she gives us Pogues food, jobs and a hell of a good time when we are at her hotel. The perks of being the hottest girl in the Outer Banks is Cassie can have anyone she wants so who does she choose? The biggest self-centred jackass also our enemy aka the kook prince Rafe Cameron. She's been my best friend longer then I can remember so she's basically my sister, once a Pogue always a Pogue.

So that's my crew.

———————————————————————————

Authors note:
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, this story will go along with the shows storyline but just a little adjustments to mainly follow Cassie's pov!