Chapter twelve

Misty's POV

I polished our drum set, readying for the next and last round. Those idiots don't know what they're getting themselves into. We will blow them to smithereens!

Not literally though...I wish...

I set the last piece into place and stood up, stretching. Before leaving, I turned around and admired the stage. For some reason, I have a strange feeling.

I've had this feeling for a bit now, kinda...tingly? Maybe even bubbly. But it was at its 'fullest' you could say when I was near...

...Him...

Ash Ketchum.

"No Misty. Ignore him Misty." I repeated to myself. There was no way my team was going down cause I was too weak! They would dispose of me immediately for falling for the opponent team. Who wouldn't? I wouldn't blame them if they did.

Checking the clock, I saw that it was later than expected. So I broke out into a sprint back to the dorm. "Gotta...get there...in...in time...!" I kept my eyes on the watch I was wearing that I didn't see a certain raven.

With an "Oof!" I was sitting on the floor, rubbing my head. When I looked up, I was met with a pair of dark brown eyes.

Blue clashing with brown.

"Ash," I hissed venomously,  glaring at the male. "Oh hey Mist!" 

Glare intensified. 

"Don't. Call. Me. Mist!" I shouted in a demanding tone. "Hai, hai...I'll call ya' Misty. Oh!" He got up and held out a hand to me. I glared at it and got up by myself,"I am fine all by myself, baka!" I could feel adrenaline pulsing through my veins as I formed my hands into fists, clenching them tightly. 

When I looked up at Ash, his head was cocked to the side. A look of pure confusion plastered on his face. Blood rushed up to my face, no matter how hard I tried to stop it, it kept rising. "Woah...Mist..." He poked my left cheek,"You have a cold?" What?! How could he think that?! 

"Am not!" I hissed, slapping his hand away. With a flick to his forehead, I spun the other way - the way I was headed before the incident - and stomped off. 

Face, beat red. 

"O-oi..! Mist-" Baka, he already forgot when I said not to call me that,"-good luck!" Taking a glance back at the boy, I could ever so slightly see a hint of pink covering his nose-bridge. "B-baka..." I, having no strength to yell, whispered at him.