Chapter fourteen

Leaf's POV

This is it...

We were up next after the "Gallant Knights."

Tch. They weren't even brave let alone knights. Their names were fake. Those fakes won't win... I know they won't...

I was so busy in thought, I didn't hear the speaker...er...speak until he yelled out, "Endowed Maidens," I felt like face palming at how stupid I was, not listening. The girls pulled me up onto the stage and the lights blared. For a second, I was blinded, but when everything cleared, I could see how many people were here. The whole school plus anyone who wanted to come.

This was it. Now or never. Do or die.

"Three..."

Inhale.

"Two..."

Exhale.

"One..."

We can do it.

"This is more than a typical kind of thing-" Dawn started. "Felt the jones in my bones when you were touching me, oh, oh. Didn't want to take it slow..."

May interrupted, "In a daze, going crazy, I can barely think. You're replaying in my brain, find it hard to think... uh oh... waiting for my phone to blow... uh oh, yep."

"Now I'm here in a sticky situation-" I cut in, slightly rapping. "Got in a little trouble, yep, and now I'm pacing. Five minutes, ten minutes, now it's been an hour. Don't wanna think too hard, but I'm sour. Uh oh... I can't seem to let you go..."

Misty joined in with me, "See I've been waiting all day... for you to call me baby... so let's get up, let's get on it. Don't you leave me broken hearted tonight. Come on, that's right. Honest baby I'll do... anything you want to... so can we finish what we started, don't you leave me broken hearted tonight... come on, that's right-"

"Cheerio!" We all chorused.

Switching on and off between Dawn, May, Misty, and I, we kept singing and chorusing the song.

In the middle of it, everything shut off–the lights, fog machines, sound systems, the audiences shouting. Through all of it, the girls and I stood quietly, not moving a bit, barely even breathing to keep quiet. The resonance of a drum entered... ever so quietly... then the strums of a guitar... the keys on the keyboard echoing every so and then... 

"... she said, "I love this song. I've heard it before, and it stole my heart. I know every word..." I sang quietly. 

The stage sprang to life in the next three seconds–Misty pounding the drums like no tomorrow, Dawn fingering the keyboard so swiftly, the eye couldn't even see her fingers, just a blur. May strummed the guitar so much, I honestly thought the strings were gonna snap. And then there was me. Screaming (Not literally) my head off (again, not literally) while singing the surprise song we had planned up. Unlike many others, we thought to do a tiny mashup for two songs... Okay, not really, just switched up in the middle of it.

"Music colliding with the words singing what you wanna say.

I hope it's my name (hey hey).

And every time you hear it you'll remember this night again,

Again and again..."

Ending it, I decided to twirl, showcasing the outfit Dawn had made for me.