Chapter thirteen

Third person POV

The last performance was on its way. Two days to be exact. The three bands who had made it? Gallant knights, Pretty Princess(what a surprise), and Endowed Maidens. Their reactions, you ask? Loud...very loud. 

Flashback~

It was a sunny day, the sun was blazing down on the school. Comparing nothing in size, all the students had retreated into the building, most staying in their dorms. Okay. Not a normal day. It was hot as bloody heck out. 

In the dorms, the quintet devoured ice cream as if it was nothing but water. 

"Aaaagh..! Why does it have to be so hot?!" Misty wailed, stuffing her mouth full of blueberry ice cream. "Uuuugh..." 

Leaf, being the most mature out of the lot, shrugged, chugging down her third...fourth bottle of water. She walked over to the other girls sitting on the couch. Misty on her left, Dawn to her right, and May on Dawns right. They scooted closer together to try and get as much as the fan would blow. The spinning function had screwed up, and not it would barely even turn. 

They all ate ice cream, Dawn having to share with Leaf since May had decided that one tub wasn't good enough. As expected from the one and only May Maple. 

They talked about random stuff, and suddenly the topic of a sudden band pops up. 

"Do you think they made it in?" May asked, cautious to what the other's reactions would be. Surprisingly, they were all calm and just...nodded. "Of course they did, they did last year. Pretty sure they would this year." Misty commented. 

"Those idiots..." Dawn muttered under her breath, "Play with a girl's heart then break it as if she were nothing but a toy..." A chorus of agreements came from the the three other girls. 

"But that isn't the important question," Leaf said, "The question is; did we make it?" Her tone was lingering, as if she wasn't sure. Like she lacked confidence in the group. 

"Leaf...? Are you okay...?" Dawn rubbed her back, and being the matchmaker she is, knew what was the matter. In fact, everyone in the quintet(think thats the word for it) knew, each of them had fallen into a cliché like in the movies.  Each of them hated it. 

A silence filled the air. 

It ended when a scoff came from Misty, "We are better than they think! I'm a hundred percent sure we made it!" She stood up proudly. Her protest had earned nods from the other girls. 

They all stood up and were just about to put their hands together to do a three cheers, but their phones interrupted. They all started dinging and ringing like heck. As they shuffled to answer their phones, the disturbingly loud sound stopped. When May picked hers up, her eyes watered as a gasp escaped her lips. 

When Dawn saw her message, she screamed, "We did it! We made it!" 

"What?!" Misty and Lead chorused, when they checked theirs. They, too, had yelped in joy.