Chapter 12

All of us were brought to a safe house. Chubs was taken to a hospital. Hilary told Azel and me that when she didn't hear back from Mom and Dad, she and a few other League members traveled to the cabin. They found Mom's body after she had been shot a few times attempting to guard the secret tunnel entrance. Dad's body wasn't found making Hilary guess that he was either dead or alive. 

I discovered one of the charms on my bracelet had been a tracker which helped my aunt locate Azel and me. My little brother and I told Hilary of our experience on the run while trying to get to her.

Ronnie felt a bit wary since he was so far the only Red present. The other League members besides the woman, Cate Connors, steered clear of him knowing what he could do. Hilary wasn't afraid of him. She commended Ronnie for staying with Azel and me and keeping us safe, which gave me the hint my aunt trusted him despite having just met him.

Ben and Savannah refused to be separated as their ordeal in the camp they were held in shook them to the core. Hilary assured them that they would remain together. 

After hearing about Mom and Dad's demises, I started to feel the same burning fury. The soldiers would soon pay with their lives. Once I was ready, I would begin the hunt for those responsible for sending my parents and other kids exactly like me to their graves. They would feel the same pain they inflected on so many innocent folks who tried their best to keep every kid safe.