Chapter Two: DnD

Steve entered the drama room and looked at the empty stage, a lot of cringy memories flooding back from earlier middle school years.

"So what do you want help with?" Steve jumped up on the stage as Dustin crawled after him.

Eddie continued to watch cautiously from afar, he would respond to Steve but Steve and his 'kind' hadn't exactly been welcoming to him in the past so he didn't know if this was just some facade for Dustin's sake.

Dustin pointed over to a long table that was hidden behind the curtain and asked Steve to push it out. Eddie watched Steve happily comply and observed him as he pulled the table out with ease.

Eddie was looking Steve up and down when suddenly he turned to him, "fuck that table's heavier than it looks, got a hair tie I could borrow Munson?"

Steve took his jumper off and rolled up his sleeves, Eddie didn't realize he was already walking towards Harrington when he heard a polite 'thank you' come from Steve's mouth.

Steve tied his hair up so it was out of his face and off his neck, random strands falling down. Eddie smiled as Steve pushed them back in annoyance, tucking the golden locks behind his ear.

Steve grabbed some chairs and pushed them around the table, Dustin was busy lifting the box which contained all the game pieces onto the center of the table. Eddie finally got up and opened the box so he could set up.

"Steve"

"Yeah Hen-"

Dustin stood in front of Steve, legs crossed, he had drunk too much juice at lunch and had been avoiding the bathrooms because of the usual school bullies, "you alright?, I'll be two seconds!"

"Yes I'm fine, go! Jesus Christ it's like babysitting a toddler"

Dustin ran away to the bathrooms and Steve rolled his eyes at his annoying fully grown child.

Steve and Eddie stood on the stage together, Steve didn't know how to set the game up and that's all that was left to do, so he sat down and watched Eddie.

Eddie was trying to think of conversation starters but of course had to be drawing a blank.

"So how do you know Buckley?" He landed on

"Oh we worked together in that ice cream place before the mall burnt down and then she sort of just, became my best friend?" Steve had never really had time to process their friendship, it was certainly something to say the least.

"Cool cool"

Steve nodded his head slowly, "so how do you know her?"

"Band."

"Oh what do you play?"

"Guitar" Eddie responded quietly, trying to focus on the layout.

"Sick, I used to play a bit when I was younger"

Eddie rolled his eyes at Steve's lack of ability to sound convincing, "really? What did you play?" he asked sarcastically.

"I can play the start of Tainted Love" he said with a raised eyebrow, lying back in his seat smiling.

Eddie flicked his head, "you're joking?"

"I know all the lyrics too"

Eddie tried his best not to smile but the thought of Steve Harrington jamming out to Tainted Love of all songs was enough to get a laugh out of him.

"Alright then" Eddie looked back at the small pieces

"Go on then if that's so great, what do you play?" Steve crossed his legs and sat back in smugness.