Chapter Three: Fairy

Eddie woke up early and felt the warm sun shining through the bedroom window. He turned around to find Steve still asleep, his face was calm and his body was still, his hair slightly disheveled.

Eddie thought about all the things that had happened between him and Steve in the last day, despite how Steve used to act he seemed to have changed, Eddie would still keep an eye on him for now though.

Eddie rubbed his eyes and went to get out of the bed, hoping he could sneak out the front door, when he realized what he was wearing, he was wearing Steve's clothes. He heard a grumble come from behind him and Steve slowly sat up, tucking his hair back.

"What are you doing?" He squinted at the sun, and raised his arm up to stretch.

"Leaving" At this point Eddie was ready to just leave in Steve's clothes.

"Oh, you don't want something to eat? I didn't make anything last night"

"I'm just going to grab my clothes and get home, thanks for the ride" Eddie picked up his clothes and started walking down the stairs.

Steve was still half asleep when he reached the bottom, "you don't want me to drive you back?"

"No, I'm good" Eddie waved goodbye and started walking quickly.

"Alright then" Steve watched as Eddie faded away and then went inside to make himself breakfast.

Steve clicked the answering machine, not expecting anything to come up since his parents never bothered to call until it said he had a missed call from Robin's number, he grabbed the phone and called her back, popping it on the counter while he looked for the bread.

"Hey Rob"

"Finally! Why didn't you pick up last night?! You knew I was going to call you"

"Sorry I got caught up, Eddie ended up staying the night"

"What? Why were you and Eddie together?"

"Just some shit with that Jason kid"

"Ugh he's such a prick, tell Eddie I say hi"

"He's already left" Steve was cracking the eggs while Robin started interrogating him.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing! We woke up and he had already decided he wanted to leave, I asked him if he wanted something to eat but he said no then grabbed his stuff and left"

"That's weird, maybe you kicked him in your sleep or something " Robin was laughing and Steve was sure Robin could feel his eye roll through the phone,

"Anyway what happened with Vickie?"

Robin started going on about how they listened to the same music in the car and how she was doing a genuine laugh when Robin made jokes,

"She like really laughed, like an actual, genuine laugh"

"Of course she laughed, it's my muppet joke, I'm hilarious"

Robin continued going on about their ride home and band practice.

They had been talking on the phone together for hours now, something Steve loved about Robin, that they could be on the phone for a whole day together and always have something to talk about.

Steve suddenly got a knock at the door, "hang on Rob someone's at the door, I'll talk later yeah?"

"Yeah no problem, maybes it Eddie" she said in a sweet tone at the end,

Steve was oblivious to what she meant, "yeah maybe, see ya"

Steve went over and opened the door, Dustin and Mike were standing in front of him. Steve looked at the weather, it was starting to rain outside.